SOTD: Saturday 16th June- Friday 22nd June 2018.

Date: 16 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #6
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

SOTD: 16th June 2018.

9.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel. .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Face Lather.

Soap : Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap .

Blade: Bluebird Platinum.(1)

Razor: Parker Variant ~ (Settings) 2. wtg, 2.5 xtg, 4. atg+pick ups.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Nivea Men~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Nivea Men ~ 2 phase A/S lotion .

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden shave duo with the Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap, & the Bluebird platinum blade.Recently i used just one perma-sharp blade with all my SOTD's for the full week testing and was amazed by it's longvidity and the incredible shaves that it gave me.

Today i'm going to put the Bluebird platinum to the same test.
The scottish fine classic soap i find to be a thirsty one,like MWF/Kent but after a vigorous 1.5 minutes mix with my damp,not dripping wet semogue 830 i applied the lather directly to my face, then added more water to the tips of the brush, continued face lathering,then adding more water to the tips of the brush to rebuild the lather between each pass.
The soap gives a incredible post shave feeling that it equal to MWF/Kent & Monsavon which are my favourites to date...Now i have another additional favourite....However, it does have one issue with it been a hard lanolin based soap and with me living in a hard water area of the UK it does takes a little longer and a few practices to create a good lather, which some people will shy away from, but with patience you'll be rewarded with a good slick protective lather,..''not a Santa Claus beard lather" but a acceptable slick protective one that'll give you a enjoyable comfortable DFS ,with a soft lavender/spice scent throughout the shave and a incredible post shave feeling. A great soap, once you master how to lather it...Next outing i'll try the blooming method before mixing, and rubbing the the puck into my stubble, and bowl lather. It's good to try different lathering methods it's all part of the enjoyment of traditional wet shaving.

The parker variant/bluebird platinum paired together reasonably well, not the best blade i've shaved with, pulling slightly on the first pass resulting in a couple of very small weepers appeared on my upper lip but after the Alum rub & cold water rinse everything was good...Not the best maiden shave i've had i have to say, the B.P. blades reminds me of Derby extra's which i don't like at all..at least i had no 'Full On' nicks..What ever the case maybe i shall carry on tomorrow and the rest of the week to see if they will improve,hopefully they will.

A very hit & miss 3 pass + pick ups shave with no major errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Nivea Men ~ 2 phase A/S lotion.

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Valbora Glicerlanolina soap, Shower
Razor ~ Colonial Razors - General SE Brass
Blade ~ Feather Pro Super
Soap ~ OSP - Fougere
Brush ~ Semouge Owners Club 2Band Badger
Bowl ~ TSR Group Buy 2016
Post ~ Thayers Rose Petal
Scent ~ Etui Noir EDP - Miller Harris

I thought I would use another OSP this morning and pulled out the Fougere because I can't remember the last time I used it, a lovely fresh walk through the woods scent, it lathered up a treat with my SOC Badger in the lathering bowl.
The general fitted out with a Feather Pro Super made short work of removing my stubble and leaving me with a super smooth finnish.
My scent for today was Miller Harris - Etui Noir with its notes of leather, incense and earthy vetiver.....looking good and smelling great :) P.

Have a great weekend people. P.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 9
Razor - General Alu
Blade - Schick Proline
Brush - Yaqi Synth
Soap - Wickham 1912 Classic 24
Post - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Aloe Vera Gel
Aftershave - Fine Platinum

View attachment 36400

A comfortable three pass shave with a FINE finish.

Have a good weekend gentlemen
Nice shave set up Pat..+ 1 on the Yaqi Synth..Mine will be arriving to me soon..Enjoy your weekend mate.;)

Today's shave:

rdt180616.jpg

- Speick
- MÜHLE Black Fibre
- Rockwell 2C with Windrose handle and ASP blade
- Speick aftershave lotion

:D

That's it for this cream tube, making Speick the first shaving software in my four years of wet shaving I managed to use up twice despite my (ever-growing... :rolleyes: ) rotation. It has quickly become my benchmark cream. Obviously, a replacement tube is already waiting!

197B5542-6422-4BA4-9D0D-6526CAA80E76.jpeg Prep: Bath
Brush: Muhle STF Synth
Bowl: Executive Shaving Handmade
Razor: EJ Black Chrome 3D Diamond
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Cream: Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes (sample)

First time with the GSB blade. Very impressive. Sharp yet smooth, and left my face less red than my usual fave Polsilvers. In terms of face feel after shaving & using the superb Barts Balm, it was amazing. Just felt very smooth and refreshed. T&H cream really nice, great glide !

Back
Top Bottom