SOTD : Saturday 17th March - Friday 23rd March 2018.

SOTD: 17th March 2018.

4+.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'Oreal Men Expert ~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword Pure Bristle.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Derby Shave Stick (disk).

Blade: BIC ~ Chrome Platinum .(1)

Razor: Ming shi 2000s. (Settings) 2.5,wtg. 3,xtg. 4,atg + pick ups.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Bulldog ~ Original A/S Balm. .

Brut~ Attraction Totale A/S.

Greetings,

To all the irish shaving members on TSR,..“Lá fhéile Pádraig sona dhuit!”

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

ever since my maiden shave with the ming shi 2000s, i've had consistantly superb shaves, today was no exception, yet again the bic c.p. blade matched up with it wonderfully resulting in a sublime 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

As always the humble Derby Shave stick provided me with a superb slick protective lather for the shave, making the shave a enjoyable experience, i normally just wet my face, apply the shave stick directly to my stubble but recently i've cut a small disk and used my shaving bowl, and the lather results have been incredibly good, either way i'm a great fan of the humble shave stick.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of brut~ attraction totale a/s my personal favourite of all the brut a/s range...Superb stuff.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
180317_1_sotd-jpg.26365

Razor: Rex Supply Co. Ambassador
Blade: Vintage Personna from the Glasgow factory
Brush: Fine Stout 24mm synthetic
Shave Soap: Wickham 1912 Shamrock Tweed
Aftershave: Armaf Tres Nuit Pour Homme

_DSC2587.jpg
Cream: SuperMax Menthol
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Tuxedo
Blade: Heljestrand MKNo2, 9/16, full hollow, muted square point

Another cream delivering the goods if treated right ie Go easy on the water! Scent is generic and weak bordering to unscented with a touch of menthol. If looking for a face-freezer keep looking because this mentholated cream is very mild.

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 14846 Badger/Horse
Soap: Wickham Irish Fern
Razor: Feather Neo II
Blade: Feather FII
IMG_20180317_094817.jpg

After a discussion with @riverrun I decided to try this razor with the pivot lock off to see if it works without applying any pressure.
Well it does work, so well in fact, that it skims over the stubble ineffectively. These razors are designed to require pressure.
Second pass I put the lock on and it was much better but two passes (really four) to remove about sixteen hours stubble.
If I want a quick shave I'll stick with injectors.

Lá fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh!

Last edited:
Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
Fitjar islands Havn Cream
Semogue 1305
Little Wren Pottery
Gillette Fatboy (6)
NOS Personna Star (1)
Fitjar Islands Havn Aftershave/Moisturiser
Le 3' Homme de Caron EDT

Well I'm most impressed with the service from Fitjar. Not only was the cream delivered from Noway within a week of ordering, but there was a generously sized sample of the aftershave included, plus a hand written thank you note. The cream itself is superb. Possibly the best cream I have used thus far. As others have noted, the scent is a little unusual, but very pleasant. And it is remarkably slick. The only downside was the realisation that I would have to part with yet more hard earned cash for some other Fitjar flavours. The Personna Star Blade was a kind gift from Iain (@Digimonkey) and it worked brilliantly in the Fatboy. Yet more snow in London is the perfect excuse to do nothing but watch sport, read, and eat bacon sarnies. Perfect! Have a great weekend gents.

Back
Top Bottom