SOTD Saturday 23rd Sept-Friday 29th Sept 2017

23/9/2017 (am)

SE shave for SEptember going strong ......

Prep: Warm water rinse and Prorasso Red Preshave
Brush: RazoRock 24mm Plissoft
Shaving Soap Sample: TOB Sandalwood
Bowl: Captains Choice
Razor: RazoRock Hawk /Maggard MR6 handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post shave: Cold water rinse, Nivea 2 Phase After Shave Lotion and Cooling Balm
5f9a07de7fb1b252fc032864bd5d028c.jpg

Have a great weekend and.......

ef7cac5ae98da6a52808b4006409af02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg ~SOTD~ September 23rd Saturday

Prep....Shower ~ Donkey milk soap
Razor.....Bic Metal SE (one blade)
Soap.....Vitos cream Tallow
Brush....Semouge 1305
Scuttle....Giles Shaving Co
Post....ASB @neilbart lavender (c)
Scent...none.

A good shave, very good infact, if I had to sell all my razors this is the disposable I would buy.

Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
SOTD: 23rd September 2017.
1.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Frank Shaving ~ Synthetic .

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Monsavon .

Blade: sharp Star platinum coated. (1)

Razor: parker 24C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./.Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Brut ~ Alaska .

Bulldog ~ original A/S Balm.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend, maiden shave with the Monsavon soap & the Sharp Star P.C. blade..the verdict? the Monsavon soap performed excellently, a nice lavender, Lemon scent, great slickness ,with a wonderful post shave feeling to my face,all in all a wonderful performing soap which is a great addition to my shaving den .

The Sharp Star Blade another excellent Russian made blade kindly passed on to me by @AnthH very smooth & sharp , reminds me very much of Voskhod T.C. with a slightly sharper edge,it paired up very nicely with my Parker 24C, resulting in a 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling very devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the first Autumn weekend , ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Greetings All,

Saturday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Arko
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (I3) setting 5
Blade: Shark (3rd)
Brush: Proraso Omega Boar (face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, shower, then Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Nivea 2 Phase.

New hardware today – the Gillette Slim Adjustable date code I3. My second vintage razor and wow what a shave. Put on setting 5 with my trusty Shark blade and swish, swish, 2 passes (WTG and XTG) and looking good. The Arko with the Omega brush whipped up lovely fluffy peaks and added to the experience.

Will be using the Gillette for most of the week, on different settings. I will be cautious about going to higher settings, but need to experiment to find my limits.

Cheers

Brian

Everyone – have a great weekend.

Greetings All,

Saturday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Arko
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (I3) setting 5
Blade: Shark (3rd)
Brush: Proraso Omega Boar (face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, shower, then Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Nivea 2 Phase.

New hardware today – the Gillette Slim Adjustable date code I3. My second vintage razor and wow what a shave. Put on setting 5 with my trusty Shark blade and swish, swish, 2 passes (WTG and XTG) and looking good. The Arko with the Omega brush whipped up lovely fluffy peaks and added to the experience.

Will be using the Gillette for most of the week, on different settings. I will be cautious about going to higher settings, but need to experiment to find my limits.

Cheers

Brian

Everyone – have a great weekend.

The Slim set on number 7 hits the sweet spot for me Brian ;)

Date: 23 September 2017... Home sweet home!!

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #1
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser

OMG!! I open a new tub of Wholly Kaw King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk is a very pleasant relaxing wonderful scent, straight from the tub without face lathering I can smell Bergamot, Lemon, Rose or maybe Rosewood, Sandalwood, Vetiver, and Amber WOW!!. Over all the whole scent while I was building up my face lather and shaving is smell very much like sweet marshmallow along with a freshness of floral, woody and rosy scent in the background is an absolute top performer, post shave and slickness. Because there a lot going on in the fragrance from top, middle and base note all over the place which smell wonderful, aromatic and very pleasant relaxing scent is a real keeper in my den sooo bad. You guys MUST try Wholly Kaw King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk you won't be sorry.

It time to grab the Muhle R41 out of my den which has been nearly a whole year since my last shave and is still my favourite razor, the R41 shave very similar to a Colonial General and no....is not a mild razor the R41 is an aggressive razor which you MUST handle with respect or you'll end up in a bloodbath shave or otherwise you'll wake Freddy Krueger from the dead.

Anyway is great to be home again along with my dog since he been worried sick about me for 2 months, still sitting beside me on bed and he still my baby boy which he has turn 4 years old last week. If the weather is nice and cool tomorrow I'm going to take him for a very nice long pleasant relaxing walk.

Last edited:
IMG_0170.JPG
Saturday...

Soap - Wickham's 1912 Cashmere
Brush - RazoRock BC Silvertip synth.
Face lather
Razor - Schick Injector G8
Blade - Schick Proline B-20 #1
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal
After shave - Speick
Smell - Penhaligon's Lothair

These Proline blades really are good. I'm glad I followed everyone's advice about inserting them into an injector cartridge before popping them into the razor. It's great to use a blade that's smooth on its first outing.

The 1912 is a tremendous soap and the Silvertip whipped up plenty lather for 3 passes. On the subject of soap, that's sad about the hiatus of OSP. I hope that things improve for them.

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
P&B Albion.
YaQi 28mm Tuxedo.
Little Wren Pottery.
The General in Brass (on loan).
Schick Proline P-20 (2).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
OSP Barbershop Aftershave Tonic.
Lavender Balm by @neilbart.
YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme.

Another sensational shave with The General. I was very impressed with the YaQi brush too. I'm all set for a weekend of doing not very much at all. Have a good one gents.

Back
Top Bottom