SOTD : Saturday 24th - Friday 30th November 2018.

Date: 24 November 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Roam Limited Edition
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'E' / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #7
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

SOTD : 24th November 2018.

44.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap. .

Brush: Semogue 1470

Face & Head Lather.

Soap : Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick.

Blade: Gem PTFE.(4)

Razor: Ever Ready 1924.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL.(Euro Version.)

Aloe Vera Gel

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...

Head Shave:

It's near the end of the month for my head shave, recently i had a maiden face shave using the W.S. shave stick and i was curious to see how it would perform using it for a head shave..The verdict?..After my weekly 'No Guard' buzz cut with my wahl hair clippers i had a shower, rubbed the wet shave stick into my head, then with my damp semogue 1470, built up a slick protective lather, which didn't dissipate once applied to my precious swede..The E.R. 1924 cut through my remaining hair follicles with ease, after 2 wtg passes + atg & pick up pass my head was dolphin smooth with no irritation or errors.

Face Shave:

After the wonderful head shave i carried on with my face shave, rubbing the shave stick directly into my stubble, and again building up a wonderful lather, which was enough for the full shave,without having to re-apply the stick to my face between each pass.

Another 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report. The W.S. shave stick, ER razor & Gem PTFE blade worked together superbly. A very comfortable head and face shave..The Ever Ready SE razors are amazingly smooth & effcient, which i highly recommend every traditional wet shaver to shave with one if giving the opportunity to do so...A effortless superb BBS shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of aloe vera gel.

My head & face are feeling smooth, & smelling devine.;)
clear.png

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt181124.jpg

- Florena shaving cream
- Edwin Jagger 23mm STF
- Mamba with Feather blade
- Balea Fresh aftershave
- Florena aftershave balm

:)

A bit of a "nostalgic" shave, as I've used some of these items (the cream, the brush, the aftershave) a lot back when I started out traditional wetshaving a few years ago but mostly moved on to other stuff since.

Saturday 24th November

Pears Glycerine Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
Arko Ice Mint Shaving Cream
Omega 10098 Boar Brush
Merkur 45C Bakelite Razor with a SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum Blade
Turkish Copper Shaving Bowl
Thayers Witch Hazel
Arko Classic Cream
Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum

I haven't used the 45C for years and it was a most enjoyable reunion. 3 passes for a faultless and very smooth shave.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Saturday 24th November

Declaration Grooming Gratiot League Square
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 Cocobolo
Gillette Fatboy
Personna 74 (7)
Humphreys Witch Hazel
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Leather

I have loved the Fatboy ever since I first used it in a pass around a couple of years ago. It still gives me great pleasure all these shaves later. For all sorts of reasons. Have a great weekend gents.

Noble Otter The Trail ~ RR400 "Noir" ~ Mulcuto No.1 ~ Personna Lab Blue ~ Pinaud Clubman

First try with a NO soap... Nice presentation, soap is standard 2018 artisan fare so firm but not hard, scent is interesting - The pine tar is very forward, reminded me of Wrights coal tar soap a few times but I also picked out the fir, juniper and oakmoss easily enough... Smells like damp undergrowth so mission accomplished going by the name. I recall Rob saying he found it sweeter than expected? I pick up no sweetness from mine so I don't know if there is some variation between batches, apologies if I've remembered incorrectly. Performance is about on par with the B&M Glissant I've been using all week, perhaps a smidge inferior but as it's my first use it could very well be that I haven't quite dialed it in yet, one area I did prefer it was post-shave cleanup, it rinses cleanly whereas B&M leaves a soap scum on everything.

Another first, Pinaud Clubman. Didn't know what to expect other than "old man" seemingly loved by many and hated by an equal number. I found it completely inoffensive, a sweet, powdery talc scent... As usual, a load of online fuss over nothing.

Last edited:
Sat 24th Nov
Jayaruh 67
Williams mug soap
King Cobra / Kalyon Handle
Schick Proline ( 7 )
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

Most likely my most aggressive AC/SE, I tend to slow down the Shave with the King Cobra to avoid mishap..However it is very rewarding to get a really close Shave with one, The Brush had no problems getting a great lather from the Williams.

IMG_0264.jpg

Back
Top Bottom