SOTD : Saturday 24th March - Friday 30th March 2018

Date: 24 March 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Cashmere
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:– Muhle R41 v2013 head with Rockwell Chrome handle
Blade:- Feather #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

I've used a Feather blade before in many different razors, but, this is my very first attempt using a Feather blade with an R41 razor.

@Blademonkey - P. - following on from last weeks lavender discussion - @Barry Giddens recommended to me - quoting - 'Caron Pour un Homme or Le 3' Homme de Caron EDT's? The first is a linear classic from the 30's. Basically just lavender with a little vanilla. The second is more complex but still pretty full-on lavender. Both very reasonably priced.' - I haven't tried them but they sound good to me. The Caldey Abbey lavender is described as 'an earthy and dirty lavender,' - with musk as an underpinning. Good longevity and sillage according to the Basenotes website. I look forward to using it and seeing how it works on me. I'll let my other half be the judge of that. The ultimate arbiter with scents. Yours - I.

Last edited:
Date: 24 March 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Cashmere
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:– Muhle R41 v2013 head with Rockwell Chrome handle
Blade:- Feather #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

I've used a Feather blade before in many different razors, but, this is my very first attempt using a Feather blade with an R41 razor.
How was the shave?

How was the shave?
Freddy got me again,:oops: spook the crap out of me behind my shoulder while shaving with a Feather blade with my R41 :oops:

Icoxfek.jpg

SOTD: 24th March 2018.

8+.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'Oreal Men Expert ~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Anbbas Boar .

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Arko Shave Stick. (Disk) .

Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (1)

Razor : (Frankenrazor) Yaqi DOC Cap/ R41 Bottom plate/ 24C Handle.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Boots ~ Freshwood A/S.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

After the fantastic maiden shave with the yaqi doc head/Parker 24c handle, curiosity got the better of me to try another experimental maiden shave using the yaqi doc cap with my r41 bottom plate & the 24c handle again,..The verdict?.. My shave this morning was the most comfortable, flawless shave that i've had since i introduced myself to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving, 100% sublime perfection!... Without a doubt this frankenrazor hybrid is astounding,paired up with the shark super stainless blade, it cut through my stubble with ease, if i was put on the spot and ask what razor have i instantly taken to, it would be this one for sure...A truly wonderful remarkable frankenrazor.

The arko stick has appeared in my sotd's alot recently, it's became a firm favourite of mine,and mixing a small cut disk,mixing it in my shaving bowl has gave me some of the best lathers i've had with shaving sticks.

A sublime flawless 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Boots ~ Freshwood A/S.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Shaving set : Pearl Shaving India shaving set with resin handle close comb DE safety razor, synthetic brush

Shaving cream : Parabens free Shaving Station India Howdy Rowdy with vetiver and cedarwood essential oils.

Blade : Gillette India Wilkinson sword blade (1)
Post shave : Alum block

Wonderful scent and thick consistency shave cream with amazing lather and post shave face feel.

92f857a6be8d90c1cc99d3f0b46dcd8e.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

@Blademonkey - P. - following on from last weeks lavender discussion - @Barry Giddens recommended to me - quoting - 'Caron Pour un Homme or Le 3' Homme de Caron EDT's? The first is a linear classic from the 30's. Basically just lavender with a little vanilla. The second is more complex but still pretty full-on lavender. Both very reasonably priced.' - I haven't tried them but they sound good to me. The Caldey Abbey lavender is described as 'an earthy and dirty lavender,' - with musk as an underpinning. Good longevity and sillage according to the Basenotes website. I look forward to using it and seeing how it works on me. I'll let my other half be the judge of that. The ultimate arbiter with scents. Yours - I.
Thankyou Iain, I shall look into those two and they will most likely be put on my shopping list, I ordered some Caldey Island edt early this morning, so providing the weather is good enough to get the stuff off the Island I should be wearing some dirty lavender soon. Dirty lavender with musk, sound's fabulous! :) P.

LPL tallow ATG S.E
Zenith Manchurian
Rockwell 6S @4
SuperMax Blue Diamond #2
Razorock Stallion

L'Occitane Cade

2nd use of SuperMax Blue Diamond with Rockwell 6S (@4 plate) this time and i got a good result.
So, the combination "Razor + Blade" is very important and may vary from type to type..
Some blades work perfectly with some razors and tragicly with some others.

20180324_074947b.jpg

Sat 24th March

Omega 11137 boar
L`Occitane Cade Cream
" Igor" Alu. SE/Gem Adjustable
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Pirtralon Original A/S lotion

My 6th Shave with this hand crafted Razor and decided to see how it fared with a Cream. I am really getting used to this great little Razor, which despite being quite light does not encourage you to exert pressure during a shave, provided that you try not to rush things along.

Though the Razor did not clog up at all I felt happier using a soap on the chin and upper lip. Now that I have got used to this Razor I can honestly say that the Shave finish that I am getting on a regular basis
is as good as I get from any of my other Razors, and that includes SEs that use AC blades. Just a shame that I have to pass it on.

IMG_0298.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Muhle R89 with SS handle
Blade ~ KAI Stainless
Brush ~ Omega boar
Soap ~ B&M Roam
Post ~ B&M Roam Aftershave
Scent ~ B&M Roam edt

What a shave, the R89 works really well with a KAI Stainless blade and gave it that little bit extra.
The Barrister And Mann Roam stuff is fabulous, all the scents are there and i could easily imagine myself camping out in the wilds, grass, damp earth, wood smoke, Tabacco, it was all there. A really masculine scent and i loved it. The scent is only one part of a soap, it has to perform too but with this being Barrister and Mann i had no worries in that department!
I was left invigorated and well shaven, this could well be going to the top of my B&M soaps i love.

Have a great weekend folks. P.

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt180324.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Jacinthe
- Dishi Galaxy B2 Finest Badger
- Maggard MR7 V3A with ASP blade
- Speick aftershave lotion

:)

The Dishi brush is a somewhat strange thing. Sold on AliExpress as a "Silvertip", it doesn't quite behave like one but isn't a real two-band either; it seems more like a mid-quality Finest, very similar to my Whipped Dog High Mountain. Density and softness are below what Maseto offers in the same price range, and it has less backbone than my YaQi Silvertip, probably due to the loft being rather high at 60mm. (It's not floppy, though.) In this it also reminds me of my Whipped Dog HM, set similarly high, which I have tightened and improved with the help of two O-rings (visible in this old SOTD). I think I'll try the same approach with the Dishi.

The handle is very comfortable to hold and looks pretty; the design is available in five different color schemes, all inspired by astronomy pictures of galaxies and/or giant dust clouds, which is a neat idea. But overall, unless you fancy one of the handles, I'd recommend buying a Maseto or YaQi instead as the knot quality of those is clearly superior.

1914 Patent Anniversary
Saturday 24th March
Cadman Custom
OSP Bay Rum
Ever Ready 1914 (Sports Set)
GEM Stainless Coated #3
Alum Wash
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Moisturiser
FuM197K.jpg

Have always appreciated the quality of shave I get with this razor and was not disappointed.
Happy anniversary 1914

Thanks to @riverrun for this patent link:
http://www.razors.click/patents/US1091436/patent/

Back
Top Bottom