SOTD: Saturday 26th August-Friday 1st September 2017.

SOTD: 26th August 2017.
1a.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men~ Active Clean Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega S10065 Synthetic .

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Erasmic Shaving Bowl .

Blade: Gillette 7'0Clock SharpEdge.(1)

Razor: Parker 24C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./4711 ~Cologne Aftershave .

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend, The 24C is a very efficient smooth O.C. razor,like most of my parker razors it performs superbly with a steeper shaving angle, it paired up very nicely with Gillette 7'0Clock SharpEdge, it's been a while since i used the sharpedge blade,i forgot how sharp and smooth these blades are,Superb!

A wonderful 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth with no errors to report.;)

I'm ready for what the start of the long weekend has to offer.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: EJ Medium PB
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: Pal Adjustable
Blade: B-20

IMG_20170825_205631.jpg

Twice this week I've been reminded how important a good blade is.
A mediocre shave from the Damaskeene on Wednesday, then a brilliant one on Thursday.
An uncomfortable shave with this razor yesterday. Today, a super smooth shave was had.
@Digimonkey, just stroked my jaw, is it smooth?
Smoother than a pebble* skimmed across Lake Garda by George Clooney (no aquatic mammals were injured during the skimming).
*can't shake the pebble fixation :D

Last edited:
image.jpg ~SOTD~ 26th August Saturday

Prep....Shower ~ Olive oil soap
Razor....Souplex Minor ~ Made in England
Blade....Polsilver Stainless ( Lodz Poland NOS)
Soap....Saponifico Varesino ~ Tundra Artica
Brush....Semouge OC Badger
Post....Skin Food by @Boru62
Scent....Minotaure ~ Paloma Picasso

Have a great weekend people........:)

Last edited:
Sat 26th August

Stirling Syn 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Ever Ready Natural Angle [ HFT ]
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

As a Razor I find the Natural Angle very nice to handle and it looks quite modern. However , todays Shave confirms my previously held thoughts- I have to work quite hard with it to get a close Shave. Even then I find I do not clear the stubborn whiskers along the under jawline.

I think the problem is my stubborn beard growth, I am sure that this will be a winner for those with light to medium growth and could well make a Daily Shaver for such folk.

IMG_1541.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt170826.jpg

- Tallow + Steel Himalaya
- Vie-Long 13061B
- Rockwell 6C (R4) with D7-handle and Feather blade
- Pitralon Pure Aftershave

:)

I've mainly used the R1 and R2 plates with the Feather blade this week, and both were a nice fit with smooth shaves. Today the R4 however again felt rather aggressive, so much so that I won't try the R5/R6 plate with this blade. The R4 seems to be the best plate (for me) when combined with a Sputnik blade, but with the Feather it's apparently the R2. After 23 shaves total with this razor I still haven't managed to get a BBS result, though.

The Himalaya is the lightest scented soap in the current T+S lineup; the scent isn't immediately obvious but rather creeps up on you. During my first shave with it the spicy components (mostly cardamom) were quite prominent, but that has mellowed during the second and third shave; now a flowery scent dominates which reminds me of the B&M Rhapsody, but still with a underlying spiciness. It's very pleasant, and lingers a bit after the shave is done. In my opinion, this and the Maya are both the top offerings in the lineup.

Sat 26th August

Stirling Syn 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Ever Ready Natural Angle [ HFT ]
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

As a Razor I find the Natural Angle very nice to handle and it looks quite modern. However , todays Shave confirms my previously held thoughts- I have to work quite hard with it to get a close Shave. Even then I find I do not clear the stubborn whiskers along the under jawline.

I think the problem is my stubborn beard growth, I am sure that this will be a winner for those with light to medium growth and could well make a Daily Shaver for such folk.

View attachment 28410

Hi Mike,
(Newbie question) Is the Ever Ready Natural Angle the same thing as the GEM G-bar? They both look very similar to each?

How does the the G-Bar compare to the 1912 for aggressive and efficiency?

Apologies for going off topic.

Saturday
Groomed Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
Vitos Green Soap
Turkish Copper Bowl
Omega 10098 Boar Brush
PAA Bakelite Slant with a Supermax SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Brut Musk AS

The PAA Slant is a good shaver. Even with a mild blade I had a great shave. The Supermax SS blades are mild and cheap...so for me they are 1 shot and discard. I did get BBS with 3 passed and touch up....although the problem area on my neck did require a little more work than I am accustomed to with my other setups!

Have a great weekend/holiday!

26/8/17

Some new variables in today's shave which was quite an exciting prospect

Pre - RSC Facial Scrub
Brush - Yaqi Plisson style 24mm
Soap - Vitos Red
Razor - 1975 Gillette Tech (England)
Blade - Astra SP (1)
Post - Witch Hazel/Eyup Sabri Limon Cologne

It was the first time I had used the English Tech and it was a delight to use and I can understand why the razor has the reputation of being mild yet efficient - great qualities for an everyday razor. In addition it was the first time I used the Yaqi Synth brush which is excellent. As ever it will take a while to fully appreciate but it seems to have a decent backbone, soft tips and much better water retention than the Omega S brush I have.

Prep: hot water
Razor: WS Hydro 5 (2)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby
Cream: TFH No10

Jumped back to the cart for a few days to let my face calm down before giving the supply SE another bash.

However

While shaving this morning I've rearlised I'm naturally reaching for the No1 almost daily, have I found what I came here for? The grail set up? Maybe? My skin has improved and I'm enjoying the morning shave. Yes I use a cart most days but I find it quick and effective.

I get that quick and effective isn't the goal for most of us, it's that emotional response to the 'ritual', the me time, the smell, the background music; it sets you up for the day and sets the world on the right path for another 24hrs. For me, I get that from using a brush and some nice smelling software, a link to the past, a nice looking tool, better cosmetics to put on my face; but a razor doesn't seem to elicit that emotional response for me, so the cart may just stay.

I can see a bit of thinning coming in the future, I seem to of found a core of soap/creams that do it for me, Cella, No10, Simpsons
IMG_7452.PNG

Back
Top Bottom