SOTD : Saturday 26th January - 1st February 2019.

SOTD : 26th Janauary 2919.

80.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Carbon Shower Total Action.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Frank Shaving ~ Silver tip Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : OSP ~ Grapefruit & Menthol.

Blade: Bolzano Superinox.(10)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Lucky Tiger ~ Aftershave & Face Tonic.

Tommy Hilfiger ~ Bold EDT.

Greetings,

Another early start to the weekend..A new shave set up to start the weekend...In my previous shave i used the Bolzano Superinox blade on it's ninth outing, today with some trepidation i've used it on it's tenth use. The verdict?

The blade Still felt amazingly smooth & sharp with no signs of tugging, resulting in a very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

I don't intend to use this blade for a eleventh use, as to get ten comfortable 3 pass + pick ups shaves with no errors or tugging issues is truely remarkable..I never thought i would be able to get ten error-free comfortable 3 pass shaves + pick ups from one DE razor blade.Amazing.

Finishing to the shave off with a few liberal squirts of Tommy Hilfiger ~ Bold EDT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
clear.png

Date: 26 January 2019 - Happy Australia Day

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Horn 30/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Tuscany
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette British Tech attached to iKon Bulldog / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #5
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

Today's shave:

rdt190126.jpg

- Musgo Real Classic
- Shavemac Finest Badger
- Razorine with ASP blade
- Tüff sensitiv aftershave

:confused:

Using the Razorine reminds me of using dental floss: getting the hand-eye-coordination right to hit the correct angle and be able to see what I'm doing without the hands blocking my view at the same time is similarly complex (which is why I use floss picks for my teeth). It's also very direct; none of my safety razors gives me this much feedback and lets me feel my stubbles this closely, resulting in a bit of skin irritation. I don't think it'll fit into my idea of shaving as a calming and more or less meditative daily ritual.

Sat 26th Jan

Jayaruh No67 Syn.
Tabac soap
Ever Ready " Streamline "
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

As a follow up to a great AC/SE Shave the Streamline was an ideal choice for me. In my early SE Shaving days it was the Razor I used most, so I can rely on it to provide me with a smooth and comfortable Shave, with a close all round finish. Today was no exception and my face feels squeaky clean.
Glad there is no snow down here, as off the London for the weekend, visiting son and supporting Athletes at an Indoor competition.Now have to pack the Car with stuff I had in store for my son who was in Turkey for a while. Have a Good Weekend everybody.

IMG_0346.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD 20190126.

6DcvTBF.jpg

Yaqi model R151016-S2.
Crabtree&Evelyn "Moroccan Myrrh" shaving cream.
Seygus "Zeppelin" / Stork "Taipan" handle.
Lord Platinum Class (1).
Crabtree&Evelyn "Moroccan Myrrh" ASB.

13th shave with the Zeppelin, using the 0 . 5 mm gap:
Invariably a comfortable shave with DFS+ result.
A bigger gap would give an even better result with less effort, I think ....

A Derby Premium shave:

• Razor - Gillette 50's Tech
  • Blade - Derby Premium (1)
  • Brush - Vulfix 404
  • Cream Truefitt & Hill, Sandalwood cream
  • Post - Proraso white balm.
A couple of years a go I picked up a Derby Premium blade as part of a sample pack or a PIF. It's been kicking around until today. Decided to give it a spin.

It gave a reasonably smooth shave with my usual setup. Certainly much more efficient than the standard Derby Extra. Much less ouchie too. I did notice that it is quite scarpy. By that; can feel the blade across the skin and quite a lot of audible feedback. Not as loud as a GEM blade in a 1912. To be fair the blade may settle down over the next 2-3 shaves. Its a decent blade. Certainly mid range for me, and an improvement on the Derby Extra ;)

Have a nice weekend.

26 January

Been away for a week using super soft water. My travel kit:

La Toja stick
DR Harris Windsor stick
Edwin Jagger travel brush synthetic
Fatip Piccolo
Feather Hi-stainless
Clinique post-shave soother
Chanel Bleu exp
Today's shave using holiday hardware and my own hard water:

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Edwin Jagger travel brush synthetic
Fatip Piccolo
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine

3CD67B1F-544A-4285-8670-97C615FFCE80.jpeg
Really wonderfully smooth two pass shave this morning, but no mountain of lather as I had last week. Back to reality!

Saturday 26th Jan 2019
SOTD.jpg

Pre shave: Warm shower and Bulldog face scrub + Noxzema shave cream
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Super (#1)
Soap: Le Pere Lucien Traditionnel
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band finest fan shape
Bowl: Korium
Post shave: Alum block, cold water splash and Thayers witch hazel
AS: Le Pere Lucien Traditionnel
EDC: Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather

Possibly the closest shave I have ever had, the Feather Pro Super has noticeably more blade feel in the Vector than regular blades. I thought I was going to get nicked or some weepers at least, but not at all. I really like this razor.

Back
Top Bottom