SOTD : Saturday 28th April - Friday 4th May 2018.

SOTD: 28th April 2018.
17.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Cool Kick Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Erasmic Pure Bristle.

Face Lather.

Soap : Palmolive Shave sticks (grated).

Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond titanium.(1)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Nivea Men ~ Creme.

Selin ~ Turkish Lemon Cologne.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

Over the past few weeks i've been using my least used de blades in my shaving den, the super-max blue diamond titanium are remarkably good,i've such a vast assortment of blades without me realizing i've been attracted to my regular favourites and leaving these 'hidden wonders' behind, how thoughtless of me to do so.

The fatip grande/Super-Max bdt blade is a really good match, the grande can be on the slight-aggressive side for me sometimes, but with the right blade choice, it's a joy to shave with,my shave today, was one of those days.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth efficient shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of selin ~ turkish lemon cologne.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, La Toja Tallow soap
Razor ~ Feather Portable
Blade ~ Personna SPC (NOS)
Soap ~ La Toja Shave Cream
Brush ~ Omega 6209 Badger
Bowl ~ TSR Group Buy
Post ~ Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent ~ Creed - Royal Oud (decant)

A DE shave to start off the weekend and very good it was too.
My first use of the La Toja Shaving Cream and it burst into a bowl of lather at the sight of a damp badger brush, wonderful!
The blade and razor pairing was very good and in combination with the La Toja I was able to walk away with a BBS Finnish .
A few sprays of Creed Royal Oud ;) and I was not only looking well shaven but smelling fantastic too.

Have yourselves a great weekend people......P.

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt180428.jpg

- Mitchell's Wool Fat
- Simpson Chubby Synthetic
- English Tech with @RedHorseman handle and ASP blade
- Wilkinson Classic aftershave

:)

Today I was in the mood for a full-on* English breakfa... I mean shave. :D

*Yes, I know, the Isle of Man (home of the Simpson brushes) isn't technically England, but you can see it from there, and that's close enough... ;) Also, I don't know of any blades still manufactured in England. (Wilkinson blades are made in India, I think?)

Today's shave:

rdt180428.jpg

- Mitchell's Wool Fat
- Simpson Chubby Synthetic
- English Tech with @RedHorseman handle and ASP blade
- Wilkinson Classic aftershave

:)

Today I was in the mood for a full-on* English breakfa... I mean shave. :D

*Yes, I know, the Isle of Man (home of the Simpson brushes) isn't technically England, but you can see it from there, and that's close enough... ;) Also, I don't know of any blades still manufactured in England. (Wilkinson blades are made in India, I think?)
That's a great looking handle on your Tech :) P.

Omega 10049 brush
Merkur progress on 3 with ladas blade
Fine american blend
Pinaud Clubman aftershave

Beautiful shave this morning. Soap performance is just as described by fine, tabac like in every aspect. Brush is finally broken in and provided enough soap for more than 2 passes. Progress on 3 is definitely more efficient but it is followed with more blade feel compared to setting 2. Ladas blades on third use don't show any sign of wear. Will see how it goes on fourth use. If it does the job good larger amount is going to be acquired. Pinaud as always provides smoothness and softness faster than anything else.
35daf7927fe4a1f3c6afa87347237ad4.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
Vreto Citrus Mix
Chubby 2 Best Badger
Schick Krona TTO (pass around)
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
OSP Lemon and Cedarwood Aftershave Tonic
Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT

A couple of firsts today. The Vreto soap was purchased as part of a group buy on ATG and it's marvellous. It was so easy to whip up a voluminous, creamy, slick lather. In fact I loaded enough for about 6 passes. The scent is so-so but fairly mild. This is top rate stuff for €5. The Krona was as good as the soap. It looks good, feels great in the hand, and is mild but efficient. It worked extremely well with the GSB. So all-in-all, a great Saturday morning shave. Enjoy the weekend chaps.

Saturday 28th April

RSC Facial Scrub
Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
OSP Fougere Soap
Omega 10051 Boar Brush
Ikon SBS (Aggressive Setting) with a Damascus Steel Handle and Treet Silver Carbon Steel Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Argan Oil
Bronnley English Fern Cologne
Worth pour Homme EDT

First use of the 'Chubby Chub' Brush and it really is rather nice. Excellent for face lathering. The 'fridge treatment' was very effective.
3 passes for a wonderful BBS shave:)

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Saturday 28th April

RSC Facial Scrub
Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
OSP Fougere Soap
Omega 10051 Boar Brush
Ikon SBS (Aggressive Setting) with a Damascus Steel Handle and Treet Silver Carbon Steel Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Argan Oil
Bronnley English Fern Cologne
Worth pour Homme EDT

First use of the 'Chubby Chub' Brush and it really is rather nice. Excellent for face lathering. The 'fridge treatment' was very effective.
3 passes for a wonderful BBS shave:)

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Which 51 did you go for? I'm guessing the Orange one :) P

Saturday 28th April
Vig Shaving Purtech
Haslinger Honig (Tallow formula)
Ever Ready Natural Angle
'Featherweight'
GEM SSC #5
Alum Wash
Duru Mandarin Cologne
Lacura Body Moisturiser
OOpxUGp.jpg

Excellent result from my NOS Featherweight today. The original Haslinger soap is superb and I just hope that the new formula hasn't lost the great attributes of the tallow formula.

Good weekend all!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom