SOTD : Saturday 2nd - Friday 8th February 2019.

SOTD : 2nd February 2019.

84.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ RightGuard ~ Energy Burst Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap. / Bloom Water Face Wash.

Brush: Omega 11047 midget.

Face Lather.

Soap : Tabac.

Blade: Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Stainless.(1)

Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ L'OREAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap Post Shave Balm.

Tabac ASL.

Greetings,

A new shave set up,and the first shave of a new month to start the weekend...Last weekend shift at the mill. 'YEAH'!!!!!

I Can't recall the last time that i used the gillette 7'oclock s.s. blade & the tabac soap, after a 5 minute soak in warm water,then a luxurious lather was whipped up in a short space in time by my Omega midget brush, another shaving item i haven't gave much attention to in the past due to having too much shaving stuff.The brush isn't small it's the handle, that appears to make it look small ,a great brush that holds enough lather for my full shave without having to re-apply any soap,all in all the full shave set up worked really well together, resulting in a very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

My trusty merkur 37c fraulein / gillette 7'0clock s.s. was a absolutely superb match efficient & smooth. A very enjoyable shave.
clear.png
:)

Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Tabac ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling old school devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend,and stay warm ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Date: 02 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- PAA Starling SE v2.0 (Close Comb) / GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- N/A

Sat 2nd Feb.

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED 2 band
P & B Spitfire
Ever Ready 1924 / Windrose S/S Handle
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash.

Another Super Saturday Shave, after using a "Streamline" last week the ER 1924 was a good follow up act. I find that when fitted with a longer modern S/S handle the 1924 shaves smoothly and comfortably , and without any issues delivers a Top Notch all round finish. This is a great alternative to the "Streamline" my favourite ER Razor, readily available and cheaper too. Must really try to see if I can get a 1914 fitted with a longer Handle.

IMG_0353.jpg

Last edited:
2 February

Simpson's Luxury Shaving Cream
Semogue 610 boar
MÜHLE Rocca R96
Gillette Silver Blue
Proraso white sensitive asb
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

62F96265-BF24-4542-8D65-B7470E546352.jpeg
Fabulous two pass shave this morning. The Semogue boar brush completed the shave with lather to spare. No need to return to the cream, it must be breaking in now. The GSB blade continues to do a superb job, I think this is the 8th shave with this blade/razor combo. Finished with a great Italian scent. Good stuff.

Saturday 2nd February 2019 AM

Pre-shave:- Hot Shower / Nivea Sensitive Face Wash / Proraso Green pre shave cream
Brush:- Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Proraso Green Croap
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Hawk / Schick Proline P-30 (9)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Floid Vigoroso aftershave / Proraso Post Shave balm / Bart's Peppermint aftershave

59bde6008c3769c66f989970d7b05a34.jpg

Heading off to the Scotland Italy rugby game this afternoon with Mrs C again, so need to be presentable.

With the freezing cold weather I decided for a menthol theme this morning. And it was a good choice if I don't say so myself!

After my usual prep I used the Proraso Green croap. I read lots of people saying it's okay, you pay for what you get, but I find this lather a real pleasure to use. Okay, whilst shaving I'll admit it's post feel can be quite dry, but overall I find it a reasonably good performer.

I had a 3 pass shave with the only error being a slight weeper just below my nose. This was me pushing my luck trying to get that wee indent just below my nose. Other than that this was a fantastic shave with me BBS.

I continued with the menthol theme with a good splash of Floid Vigoroso and a small amount of Proraso aftershave balm. With my face smoother than smooth I added a dot of Bart's Balm peppermint aftershave. Again....just cos.

Right....off to Murrayfield!

Have a great day folks! [emoji1303]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom