SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

SOTD: 3rd March 2018.
9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'Oreal Men Expert ~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap: Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl .

Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless .(1)

Razor: Parker 65R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Gillette A/S Balm.

Old Spice ~ Bearglove A/S.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.it's been a while since i've used the parker 65R, and have decided to give the Silver Star blade some attention as it's also been a very long time since i last used one in my blade rotation.

I was pleasantly surprised how much the silver star blade paired up with the parker 65R... a excellent combo, resulting in a enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Another parker razor shave success, every shave that i have with one of my parker range, it's always a pleasurable experience, that's why i have a fondness for them.A very efficient comfortable shave, from a wonderful razor & blade duo.

My face is feeling very refreshed & super smooth.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, what ever the weather maybe,but do stay safe & warm ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's (tiny) shave:

rdt180303.jpg

- Phoenix & Beau Pall Mall
- Simpson Wee Scot
- Tech 4-piece (from Set No.26?) with ASP blade
- Myrsol Metilsol aftershave

:)

I needed a little help assembling the razor. Four pieces is a bit much! :D

Saturday 3rd March

Birch Tar Soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Lea Shaving Stick
Simpsons Duke 1 in Pure Badger
Muhle R41 (2011) with a Wilkinson Sword Blade (UK NOS)
Lacura Duo-Lift Moisturiser
Myrsol Agua Balsamica AS

2 Passes and a touchup for a perfect BBS shave:)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend......if the weather permits!

I
First use of the Wolfpac soap in Italian Orchard scent
This soap explodes with a rich slick lather
It's thirsty but that's no bad thing it makes building on the face easy to do and get right
Tatara Masamune with Feather #1
This razor is getting better and better as I learn to understand it and get the angle
and pressure right.
Vlad Ferdman 30mm TGN 2 band finest, super soft tips resulting in pillow softness
First class shave on this bracing morning
Enjoy the weekend and keep warm chaps.​

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Soap: Sudsey Soapery Lavender & Peppermint
Razor: Colonial General Brass
Blade: Feather Pro Super
IMG_20180303_101848.jpg

This little boar brush just gets better and better and this is probably my favourite vegetarian cream, up there with the best tallow soaps imo.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Morning Shave

Olive Oil Soap
Reef Point Classic Barbershop
Thäter 4125/2
Muhle r41 (on loan)
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Extro Tabacco Aftershave/EDT

I had seen that many of you chaps rate the r41 as the most aggressive DE razor out there. After discussing this with Kevin (@Boru62) the other evening he very kindly offered to lend me his 2013 version. So I set off with some trepidation this morning. And after the first couple of strokes my anxiety increased. That is the most I have ever felt a blade. But I needn't have worried. Concentrating on zero pressure, and only shaving on lathered parts of the face at all times, I had a very comfortable shave. BB smooth after two passes with just minor touch ups around the goatee area. Not so much as a weeper and zero irritation. No doubt the shave was greatly helped by the soap which gave me the cushion and the slickness required. A great shave! Have a good weekend gents.

Cheers Kevin!

Merkur 42 C with Timor Blade
Simpsons Commodore X2
SV Felce Aromatica
Weleda Balm
Nice shave with huge amount of foam. Soft albeit not very protective. Nonetheless its scent is so good, Fern with grass, perfect in its green soul.
Weleda Balm did its job. So good, so cheap. A miracle.
Enjoy your weekend, gentlemen.
f341503230ecb0bf07a45f939a9d5cb9.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Pre: E45 face wash
Soap: Palmolive shave stick
Brush: The Personal Barber synthetic
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Pol Silver

New aftershave today, my order from Bart's Balms arrived just as I was shaving. Tried the peppermint sample and it was great. A refreshing mint scent. Will try the full products I bought on my next shave.
578f42bd476316d28a9affbb40628e47.jpg

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

3/3/18

Brush - Yaqi Tux
Soap - Lea Stick Tallow
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Trig Silver Edge (4)
Post - Brut Oceans

After reading the thread about the Vie Long/Lea stick, I decided to give my sample a use. It's a good soap, the scent's the same as the Lea shaving cream which is a pleasant marine one.

The Trig SE blade seemed a bit rough today, I think taking it to the 4th shave might have been pushing it.

IMG_1809.JPG Zirh face wash & pre-shave oil

Rockwell 6S (WTG & XTG on 4 then ATG on 2) with the second shave from my mystery Wilkinson blades

Saponificio Varensio Tundra Artica face lathered with a Yaqi 24mm tuxedo

The Wilkinson blade is not quite as smooth a shave as a top end Gillette blade but gave a DFS+ result with no irritation

Back
Top Bottom