Sparkling Wine

Does anyone have a favourite sparkling wine? Are you a Prosecco fan or a Grower Champagne snob? I prefer new world sparklers from Australia, Argentina and California.

We were until my son's wedding last year unbearable champagne house snobs, if it wasn't bolinger luvy it just wasn't cricket.
Now we do try to keep a couple of bottles of proseco in the fridge for mid week evenings.
Only the white and definitely not in the bargain isle though!
One must try to keep some semblance of decorum.
The rest of the week we just drink our own
SCRUMPY!!!!:)

Shop around and you should find English sparkling wine; supposed to rival French ones.
I don't know much about fizz but it tasted just as good but different. Why not give it a go and support up-and-coming businesses - and try something new.

Some of the French regional sparking wines such Cremant d'Alsace and Blanquette de Limoux offer something different and represent good vfm

Spanish Cava, Brut of course.
Current favourite is this from Aldi @£4.49
ALDI-CAVA-BRUT-300x764.jpg

English sparkling wine can be very good, but with low yields and high duty it's very expensive. I do enjoy the Cremants, Bourgogne and Loire are the ones most often available. Italian sparklers are also far too expensive here, 18.00 quid a bottle but 7 euros in Italy.

Back
Top Bottom