STERLING....

so, my number one product was OSP......

Tonight i just tried my new soap. Sterling - vanilla Sandalwood

This soap has just taken over number one spot!! Amazing lather....perfect slickness...zero irritation....and lovely post shave.

Anyone else used this soap?

Tonight i just tried my new soap. Stirling - vanilla Sandalwood

This soap has just taken over number one spot!! Amazing lather....perfect slickness...zero irritation....and lovely post shave.

Wash your mouth out with that Stirling and tell me OSP is still number one!!! :)

Last edited:
Really enjoy Stirling Soaps, top quality lather and great scents. Ozark Mountain and Mountain Man are my top two. I want Stirling Blu, but can't justify another soap right now (famous last words)
To be fair Stirling do some good soaps but a little on the soft side for my taste but some great fragrances going on.

Last edited:

Tonight i just tried my new soap. Sterling - vanilla Sandalwood

I have not tried that soap in particular but I've got about 8 Stirling soaps and I've tried 11. They are excellent. I did not like the Almond, bay rum and another one I can't remember the name. I find PAA just a little better but that's just me :)

I've not tried OSP yet but I've heard good things about the soaps.

To be fair Sterling do some good soaps but a little on the soft side for my taste but some great fragrances going on.
The older formulation was quite solid pucks, not as malleable as the current soaps. I notice that most artisan soaps tend to be on the softer side. I received Tabula Rasa today and it's labelled a soap yet is very very soft, Cella seems triple milled by comparison, it's more of a cream I would say.

As far as Stirling goes, their scents are second to none and the price point too, even taking the add ons for import. My trigger finger is twitching...

The older formulation was quite solid pucks, not as malleable as the current soaps. I notice that most artisan soaps tend to be on the softer side. I received Tabula Rasa today and it's labelled a soap yet is very very soft, Cella seems triple milled by comparison, it's more of a cream I would say.

As far as Stirling goes, their scents are second to none and the price point too, even taking the add ons for import. My trigger finger is twitching...
Pull! :)

...I wouldn't say they're better than OSP, just different.

I would 2nd that. I really treasure the Spitfire sample I have as the smell (although I wish it was stronger) is beautiful!! Stirling shave soaps are far more gregarious in that respect and the maker has honed & perfected his current soap version to boot. I just bought a tub of their Stirling Spice and it is definitely not a "croap", but a hard soap. It is not however triple milled "hard as a whore's heart" type shave soap if that's what one wants.

FWIW, Stirling just reintrod their famous Glastonbury and Port-au-Prince shave soaps respectively and with mutton tallow!! I hope that won't sadden any Welshmen among you!! :D ;)

https://www.stirlingsoap.com/glastonbury-shave/

https://www.stirlingsoap.com/port-au-prince-shave/

I have samples of Stirling Island man, mountain man, ozark mountain and autum glory , I've used the Island man and it was soft enough for me to stick my finger in a pull out enough to shave with and I've just stuck my finger in the others and my finger went in with ease now I tried the same with my OSP and could not scoop any out. So when I said soft I was comparing it to my OSP, it's true there are softer soaps out there but I can not see how the ones I have got as being hard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom