Still about. What’s new?

Evening all, hope everyone is doing ok.

A couple of things of late have reminded me about this place and I thought it's about time I poked my head back through the door to see how it's all going!

First thing was my 14yo younger brother I went out for a meal with during his half term last week and I noticed the almighty bum fluff he's started growing.... nothing a tech, some lab blue blades, an omega boar and some cella can't cure!

Digging through my drawers I unearthed a schick adjustable I hadn't used in years, but the head wobbled in the handle so I got out the hot glue gun and fixed it. Looks terrible, but shaves lovely and (that's) all I ask.

Anyway I just hope that all the members, old and new, are still healthy and shaving away! Any interesting releases in the last year worth knowing about? I understand NFB are no more, (that's) a real shame. Any good news or is it all bad?

Cheers,
Alex

Good to see you back! I've got a couple of meteorological threads going in the Lounge section you might want to read through if the subject is of interest. TBQH I don't post much in the shaving sections these days as I'm not able to afford these stainless steel razors and new brushes that seem to have taken over in recent years, so I tend to post in the Lounge section mainly, with the occasional post in a Help thread. Good to hear your brother is being advised well, though I'm embarrassed to admit that I was 16 before I needed to shave - I compensated for an an initial lack of growth by developing a thick, coarse facial hair type by my early 30s.

Good to see you back! I've got a couple of meteorological threads going in the Lounge section you might want to read through if the subject is of interest. TBQH I don't post much in the shaving sections these days as I'm not able to afford these stainless steel razors and new brushes that seem to have taken over in recent years, so I tend to post in the Lounge section mainly, with the occasional post in a Help thread. Good to hear your brother is being advised well, though I'm embarrassed to admit that I was 16 before I needed to shave - I compensated for an an initial lack of growth by developing a thick, coarse facial hair type by my early 30s.
There's hope for me yet to grow a ‘proper' beard then. At 26 almost i can grow a goatee and half a neck beard. Fortunately I prefer to shave it off but if I ever want a beard (read SWMBO develops a fetish for beards) there's a chance things may improve. I didn't really need to start shaving until 17 from memory.

I'm the same in terms of spending money. I have no need for fancy razors when I'm still using my good old EJ89 and this schick adjustable. Still using a £6 omega boar brush too, my first ever brush. And I've enough soap and blades to last a good 15 years!

Glad to hear there's nothing that I need to be purchasing.

Nice to hear from you too, flip. When it comes to trolls you'll need to be more specific. When I popped in last there were a few who'd fall into that category!

Palmolive?! I used a tube of their cream which I enjoyed, soap sticks were great too but I've donated all of my stock over time!

Hello Count, glad to see you're still about. If I recall correctly you once had a magnificent moustache, how's things on that front now?

Back
Top Bottom