This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudsy Soapery

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by Bogeyman, Friday October 13, 2017.

1. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

I recently received a boatload of samples from this artisan vegan soap maker, however I have only shaved twice with two different ones. It is unlike any soap I have used before and the "jury" is still out, so to speak. After doing a search here I see a few here have used it before and I would appreciate your opinions as I am a fervent member of the tallow "Taliban", to quote Antdad. ;)

Boru62 and Blademonkey like this.
  2. Boru62

Boru62

I own one of their soaps (lavender and peppermint), and although I too am a fan of the tallow, it's a very good soap.
    Good scent, cushion and slickness, what more could you ask for?
    Well, it could look a bit less like concrete mixed with putty :D
    IMG_20171013_170450.jpg

Bogeyman likes this.
  3. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Yes, three shaves in and it is a very, very good soap. I noticed that it doesn't like water near as much as a tallow soap and that seems to be the secret to it.

Boru62 likes this.
  4. Boru62

Boru62

I face lather with a barely damp brush on a damp face, and that seems to be all the water it requires.

Bogeyman likes this.
  5. JayGee

JayGee

I have a couple & rate them.
    I tend to prefer hard tallow soaps;
    Lea classic, fine, haslinger & tabac.

Sudsy soapery are just as good & the scents are terrific. The peppermint one I have is really refreshing, post shave feel is excellent.
    Makes a nice change, like all soaps, I find it takes ~week of use to learn how to get the best out of them

Bogeyman likes this.