Supermarket Ripoff

Apart from a distress purchase, I can't see any point in buying DE blades from a High St retailer on grounds of both quality (Dorco, WS and Israeli Personna being at best middling) and price (100 for < £10 from Russian eBay sellers).

Sort of makes this thread a moot point really

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Of course supermarkets are going to charge more for DE blades, they have to get them shipped and stored and then they won't sell many. Plus the masses are already used to paying through the nose for cartridges. Aside from that bricks and mortar stores are never going to be able to compete with online businesses on price due to overheads.

I'm actually impressed they sell them in the first place.

Bricks and mortar stores will become a luxury in the next ten years in my opinion the internet is killing them slowly but surely. I have the Traditional Shaving company in my town centre. Great store with really good staff. Brilliant for a look around but their stock is middle of the road mainly TOBs and Edwin Jagger that sort of stuff and of little interest to me so I buy online almost exclusively but I have little choice if I want the good stuff.

Greetings

My local Tesco which is quite big but not one of the very large branches have stopped selling any traditional wet shaving gear. They used to sell Palmolive sticks and cream and the dreaded Wilkinson blue bowls and brushes and the re branded Personna blades; about 18 months to 2 years ago they pulled the lot.

We tend to forget what a very tiny minority we are.

Regards
Dick.

Bricks and mortar stores will become a luxury in the next ten years in my opinion the internet is killing them slowly but surely. I have the Traditional Shaving company in my town centre. Great store with really good staff. Brilliant for a look around but their stock is middle of the road mainly TOBs and Edwin Jagger that sort of stuff and of little interest to me so I buy online almost exclusively but I have little choice if I want the good stuff.

There are loud political rumblings in many countries to tax Internet vendors accordingly. If so, the playing field will be dramatically leveled. As well, I find it amazing that Amazon has never made a profit yet financial experts treat it as if it is their own newborn child!! :rolleyes:

...When I saw the prices in UK's superstores/pharmacies, I was horrified.:eek:

https://www.boots.com/wilkinson-sword-classic-blades-10-pack-10085854

£3.99 for a ten pack!!! :eek: o_O

C8M88OH.gif

No point in buying DE blades from a supermarket chain when you can get better quality blades at a third of the price. The Personna blades most supermarkets sell seem to be a lower quality Personna blade.

Back
Top Bottom