This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tea and Coffee

Discussion in 'Food and Drink Talk' started by Sabre, Sunday March 25, 2018.

1. Sabre

Sabre

When are the correct times to enjoy a pot of Tea or a mug of coffee? There's early morning tea, breakfast tea blends, morning coffee, tiffin, afternoon tea. As I drink both, I do mix it up. My first drink in the office depends on how rough a night I have had. If I am staying in a hotel it's usually a latte for breakfast. I do tend to keep to tradition and enjoy an afternoon cup of tea. I do prefer a Twinings at work as they are individually sealed. There is nothing worse than spotting the guy who you know doesn't wash his hands refilling the tea bag jar.

Blademonkey likes this.
  2. Nosdoh

Nosdoh

When ever you want mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. pjgh

pjgh

I think generally, less caffeine later in the day ...

I like a strong, malty Assam in the morning. Pretty classic, that as it's the foundation of many a Breakfast Tea. Bukhial Estate, for me, which kicks me off just lovely. I'm not big on coffee, but some days I'll have a strong coffee in the morning. Throughout the day, I'll drink pretty much whatever tea is kicking about, be it bagged or loose, so long as it's a "nice cuppa".

Evenings, I'll often have a Lapsang Souchong or Rose Pouchong after dinner and enjoy a few cups of a white tea. Some days (not usually work days), I'll fancy abusing a Puerh or Liu Bao and enjoy the wacky dreams! Deep, deep sleep.

... but yeah, caffeine kick in the morning and lower it throughout the day.

I suppose if you were following convention, you'd need to work in an Earl Grey at some point. Afternoon tea, probably, although a Darjeeling would also do. I'm not much of a fan of either. Nilgiri Teas are coming up nowadays - fresh, refreshing and good for an afternoon pickup.

Blademonkey and Sabre like this.
  4. Indeed...:cool:

5. luv2shave

luv2shave

A cup of masala chai in India whenever it's the mood !

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

6. culcreuch

culcreuch

I have just taken delivery of Liu Bao......sounds like it will be an interesting experience!

Blademonkey likes this.
  7. Please let me know what effects it has on you, better sleep, mad dreams ect. I have just ordered some after you prompted my memory!
    I'm looking forward to finding out for myself but would be interested in your findings. P.

culcreuch likes this.
  8. culcreuch

culcreuch

Will do Paul!

Blademonkey likes this.
  9. I can't face a day at work without a couple of pints of Hot Lava Java in the morning.