The 444 Menthol Blast

DSC_0186_zpszjhcovau.jpg

I am not a shaving product Kinda Guy but I know there are a lot of folks around here that just Love their Menthol Products...Well Look No Further Folks...:D

This is a somewhat unusual product with a Cult following in many Countries including the USA... This potent after shave gell, containing Glycerin and Menthol but not much else, REALLY packs a punch so be WARNED...:eek:

It does have many uses...A lot of users recommend combining a small amount of 444 to a favourite aftershave splash or post shave balm, the result being a very noticeable, but very pleasant, Menthol kick as well as the extra moisturizing properties its Glycerin provides. Others combine 444 with shaving cream to help generate a better lather & or give it a Menthol Kick.... Although some users think this is great on its own, some find it too potent and a little greasy in its undiluted state..o_O

A pea size amount is all that you need with this product & it should last a long time from its small 37g tube...It does PACK a Serious Menthol Punch that last for about a good 10 to 15 minutes and the Glycerine does leave the Skin Feeling Smooth throughout the day...Whither it actually helps Razor Burn I am not really sure because Menthol Tricks the Skins Receptors into thinking that they are Cold...;)

Ingredients:
glycerin, menthol, distilled water, carboxivinil resin and disoproprilamin...:cool:

I got this stuff for £3.99 posted from Portugal where it is made...You get a discount the more you buy.. If you Google for a review on 444 Aftershave Gel you will find that there is a Cult Following in the USA Shaving Forums..:rolleyes:.

If you are looking for a Serious Menthol Blast ...Look No Further Folks.:D.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161917419772?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=460877948394&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Billy

Last edited:
I've been using menthol crystals and/or menthol type oils in soaps for a while and I genuinely believe I get better shaves using it.
It's possible that it makes my skin slightly more sensitive therefore making me back the razor off more. I know it's actually burning slightly and fooling my skin into thinking it's freezing but I feel it protects my skin somehow.
I always finish with a frozen towel so if you think the menthol is strong on its own, try that! I imagine it's like speeding through a blizzard on a snowmobile in Antartica, with no face protection.
I like the sound of 444, will have to get some to try.

I've been using menthol crystals and/or menthol type oils in soaps for a while and I genuinely believe I get better shaves using it.
It's possible that it makes my skin slightly more sensitive therefore making me back the razor off more. I know it's actually burning slightly and fooling my skin into thinking it's freezing but I feel it protects my skin somehow.
I always finish with a frozen towel so if you think the menthol is strong on its own, try that! I imagine it's like speeding through a blizzard on a snowmobile in Antartica, with no face protection.
I like the sound of 444, will have to get some to try.
I just ordered another 2 tubes...:D

Billy

I liked the idea but, even when using a tiny amount diluted with witch hazel, it came up 'tacky'. In the end, I decided that a mentholated splash and some moisturiser later worked better for me. Never thought to use 444 in the lather itself though!

Hiya,

Always fun once in a great while looking in on the usual crazy menth head posts. Like kids inna sandbox, each one trying to get menthier than the others. What is the attraction to cold and numbness...seriously it ain't natural. Doesn't even smell good.

Anyway, I may be in the minority here,

Martin

Hiya,

Always fun once in a great while looking in on the usual crazy menth head posts. Like kids inna sandbox, each one trying to get menthier than the others. What is the attraction to cold and numbness...seriously it ain't natural. Doesn't even smell good.

Anyway, I may be in the minority here,

Martin
I agree with you up to a certain degree Martin, perhaps I am the only one in this wetshaving community that found Queen Charlotte Vostock(QVC) too strong Menthol wise and offered for sale here and at the end traded it with another cream.
I am not absolutely sure about the menthol content of Vifrex compared to 444 but it definitely feels cooler and fresher and leaves such a pleasant scent. The Menthol blast from both 444 and Vifrex is very pleasant and not overpowering. Both wonderful products.
In the past I made the mistake of adding menthol crystals to After shaves and never again :)

Back
Top Bottom