The Allure of Lemmy

If this documentary film is anything to go by, Lemmy of Motorhead favours Chanel Allure Homme Sport. The relevant footage can be seen at 1:40:26. Some other interesting looking stuff there in his line-up too.

Actually, the whole film is pretty good, if you like that sort of thing.

If this documentary film is anything to go by, Lemmy of Motorhead favours Chanel Allure Homme Sport. The relevant footage can be seen at 1:40:26. Some other interesting looking stuff there in his line-up too.

Actually, the whole film is pretty good, if you like that sort of thing.

Fantastic film. I watched it again Saturday night.
Sad at times to watch since his passing but he made a lot of people happy and that's a great legacy.

In a similar vein - 'The Most Dangerous Band in the World: The story of Guns N' Roses.' I didn't know that much about them and thought the title might be a bit hyperbolic. Nope - how any of them are still alive is quite beyond me. Total maniacs. The reason why Axl Rose won't work with Slash these days is priceless - I shan't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it. I.

In a similar vein - 'The Most Dangerous Band in the World: The story of Guns N' Roses.' I didn't know that much about them and thought the title might be a bit hyperbolic. Nope - how any of them are still alive is quite beyond me. Total maniacs. The reason why Axl Rose won't work with Slash these days is priceless - I shan't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it. I.
I think Axl Rose grew up around Keith Richards :rolleyes:

There is a scene in - I think - 'Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride,' a documentary about Hunter S. Thompson - where the good doctor of journalism welcomes Keith Richards into his inner sanctum at his home in Woody Creek. The door is then shut in the face of the camera man - no further footage. My mind recoils in horror about the levels of depravity that happened in there between them. I

There is a scene in - I think - 'Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride,' a documentary about Hunter S. Thompson - where the good doctor of journalism welcomes Keith Richards into his inner sanctum at his home in Woody Creek. The door is then shut in the face of the camera man - no further footage. My mind recoils in horror about the levels of depravity that happened in there between them. I
Don't know about depravity but, the local dealers where in the travel agents.

I read Lemmy's autobiography, White Line Fever a few years ago. His prose style is very anecdotal and flows effortlessly. Full of incredible stories. My favourite was his recounting of a massive o.d. which hospitalised him. A friend convinced his nurse girlfriend to sneak them some amphetamine sulphate from the dispensary where she worked. She mistakenly brought home a jar of atropine sulphate. Lemmy did a teaspoon full, which was 200 times the overdose level. Despite being treated, he had intermittent hallucinations for two weeks and recalled, "sitting, reading a book, and I'd turn to page 42, but there was no book." Madness.

Back
Top Bottom