The Art of Shaving Lemon Essential Oil Shaving Soap

Not one that's too common on these shores, but here we go:

Although they don't shout about it, and perhaps even give the impression of being an independent, the brand is actually owned by P&G, owners of Gillette. Let's not hold that against them though.

I'll admit that the last shave, from which I am still suffering as a I write this, was a bit of a horror show and may be colouring my feelings towards the rest. That said, looking back at my notes, they all mention being left with irritation or rawness. So while I often achieved a pretty good finish, it didn't provide much in the way of protection.

For loading, I found the soap preferred a pretty wet brush, and one with backbone seemed to help too, the latter being common to a lot of soaps. Doing that, I had to no problem getting plenty of lather.

The lack of any real scent and the price go against it (assuming you can find it in the UK at all). It's supposed to be lemon but I struggled to pick up much of anything, even when actively looking for it.

So the question, I guess, is whether the end result (which was generally a close shave) was worth the irritation. I've come across plenty of products that give the finish without the pain, and cheaper too.

Full review here.

Not one that's too common on these shores, but here we go:

Although they don't shout about it, and perhaps even give the impression of being an independent, the brand is actually owned by P&G, owners of Gillette. Let's not hold that against them though.

I'll admit that the last shave, from which I am still suffering as a I write this, was a bit of a horror show and may be colouring my feelings towards the rest. That said, looking back at my notes, they all mention being left with irritation or rawness. So while I often achieved a pretty good finish, it didn't provide much in the way of protection.

For loading, I found the soap preferred a pretty wet brush, and one with backbone seemed to help too, the latter being common to a lot of soaps. Doing that, I had to no problem getting plenty of lather.

The lack of any real scent and the price go against it (assuming you can find it in the UK at all). It's supposed to be lemon but I struggled to pick up much of anything, even when actively looking for it.

So the question, I guess, is whether the end result (which was generally a close shave) was worth the irritation. I've come across plenty of products that give the finish without the pain, and cheaper too.

Full review here.
I had a bad shave and had a sore face for a few days and thought it was poor protection etc. But on a other test of the same shave soap it turns out it was the soap itself.

I guess I was allergic to it or something. The second time the blade didn't even get to touch the face but I got the same soreness.

Could, perhaps, something like that be contributing to your soreness; maybe??

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

The irritation was limited to my neck and top lip, two areas that are a bit more sensitive for me. No problems on my cheeks or chin, so I don't think I had a reaction.

So basically it's a load of old crap then.

I was initially quite impressed with it, but looking back at the post-shave write-ups I found they all mentioned irritation (the benefits of reviewing only after a few shaves). It's not cheap stuff either, but any product needs to do the basics well.

Back
Top Bottom