The H&S Adjustable DE razor - "The Valiant"

So it's been about a year or so since I first heard about H&S' intentions of creating an adjustable DE razor of their own. Most of you well-read people have heard it being named "The Valiant"

Solid brass, three piece with six settings.
I rather like the rather retro-looking design a la the French Gibbs adjustables and L'Essors' Supreme.
This is a still rough prototype so don't hold to much against it.
163qt0.jpg

Anywho, curious if anyone have heard/read/seen anything about this razor as I apparently only remember about it every six months or so.

First time I have heard of this too. I like the looks of it, it has a certain retro charm. What is their target price point, if you've heard?

There have been no news in over 8 months or so now.
Supposedly the project is actually still active...but there are, as far as I know, no information at all about price or possible release date. I do hope it can eventually come out though. We shall see.

There have been no news in over 8 months or so now.
Supposedly the project is actually still active...but there are, as far as I know, no information at all about price or possible release date. I do hope it can eventually come out though. We shall see.

Yes hopefully. The more choices we have, the better. I made a search and I found a review by Leisureguy. Not sure if it's okay to post a link here but from what he says, the performance does sound promising.

My experience isn't very vast but I do find the looks of the head designe to be uncommon; I am very curious about it's performance.

Hopefully the guys at H&S would reboot the project if it has stalled.

So it's been about a year or so since I first heard about H&S' intentions of creating an adjustable DE razor of their own. Most of you well-read people have heard it being named "The Valiant"

Solid brass, three piece with six settings.
I rather like the rather retro-looking design a la the French Gibbs adjustables and L'Essors' Supreme.
This is a still rough prototype so don't hold to much against it.
163qt0.jpg

Anywho, curious if anyone have heard/read/seen anything about this razor as I apparently only remember about it every six months or so.
I like it, very much like a Gibbs.

Lo' and behold...I got some news directly from H&S this morning.....and, it's not looking too promising;

"Thanks for your message.

During development of our new razor, we found problems, not with the design, but with the manufacturing.
We had some prototypes made in India and the tolerances were off.
We had some parts manufactured in California and they were excellent, but way too expensive.
The project, right now is in limbo.
I have been very busy taking on a new job in aerospace, but I hope we will be in a position to revive our program sometime in the future.

Giovanni"

Lo' and behold...I got some news directly from H&S this morning.....and, it's not looking too promising;

"Thanks for your message.

During development of our new razor, we found problems, not with the design, but with the manufacturing.
We had some prototypes made in India and the tolerances were off.
We had some parts manufactured in California and they were excellent, but way too expensive.
The project, right now is in limbo.
I have been very busy taking on a new job in aerospace, but I hope we will be in a position to revive our program sometime in the future.

Giovanni"
There is still hope, one day it may happen.

The parts that were manufactured in California was probably from the same place that made parts for the RX. Probably why the price ended up so high when it rolled off the production line. However, you can see where it needed precision manufacturing.

I may be mistaken, but this razor reminds me of the personna adjustable razor.
And spanish Palmira 7. Gibbs no15 and no17, Personna adjustable and Palmira no7 are the same razors. Or allmost the same razors. As I know, Gibbs was the first.

They all look the same, but they are little bit different so you can't change parts between them.

I have Gibbs No15 (heavyer version) and its wonderfull shaver!

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

And spanish Palmira 7. Gibbs no15 and no17, Personna adjustable and Palmira no7 are the same razors. Or allmost the same razors. As I know, Gibbs was the first.

They all look the same, but they are little bit different so you can't change parts between them.

I have Gibbs No15 (heavyer version) and its wonderfull shaver!

Love the Gibbs. I can't remember - does any of the adjustable take non-modded modern DE blades?

The L'Essor Supreme is, as mentioned earlier, also of a rather similar design look:
e0f2b6d4ab81973666fe190a3aa98e40.jpg

ec643d95a584148d0d87dc6e67bc03ea.jpg

Love the Gibbs. I can't remember - does any of the adjustable take non-modded modern DE blades?

The L'Essor Supreme is, as mentioned earlier, also of a rather similar design look:
e0f2b6d4ab81973666fe190a3aa98e40.jpg

ec643d95a584148d0d87dc6e67bc03ea.jpg
I think that Palmira and Personna work with modern DE blades.

P.s. L'essor looks fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom