The new Rocnel SE(P) scalloped.

Hello gents,

Today I received my new Rocnel SE(P) scalloped, the one using the DE blade split in two. I already have the CC version of the same and love it. When considering the purchase of the first one, I heard contradictory opinions about this little gem of a razor and I approached it with caution. It's not by any means excessively aggressive YMMV and paired with the Polsilver or my favorite feathers it gives me a true BBs in 3 passes with no irritation. I compared the two heads of the old Vs the new scalloped SE(P) and they are identical save for the teeth. I expect to get the same fine shave from it. What is your experience with this little SE Or half a DE razor?

Here is my new tool at the bottom.

I shaved with it tonight with a new Plosilver iridium snapped in half and I got BBS in 2 passes, WTG, XTG and corrections. I did cut myself though on the bottom lip with the tubs as I didn't remove them to make loading easier. This happened because my lather was a good consistency one and it got the teeth clogged. I brought it close to my lips to blow, but it was toooo close.
It does like a light consistency lather in order not to get clogged. I do like it and it's going on the rotation. The difference between this and the CC is negligible and I would say it's more visual than anything else. So if anyone is contemplating buying the thing, you might prefer getting the CC as it's way cheaper.
Quality wise it's better polished than my CC, the only quality issue, I found some residual SS shaving on one tooth which I removed with a small screw driver.

Attachments

• DSCF3088.JPG
    DSCF3088.JPG
    321.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Here is my new tool at the bottom.

I shaved with it tonight with a new Plosilver iridium snapped in half and I got BBS in 2 passes, WTG, XTG and corrections. I did cut myself though on the bottom lip with the tubs as I didn't remove them to make loading easier. This happened because my lather was a good consistency one and it got the teeth clogged. I brought it close to my lips to blow, but it was toooo close.
It does like a light consistency lather in order not to get clogged. I do like it and it's going on the rotation. The difference between this and the CC is negligible and I would say it's more visual than anything else. So if anyone is contemplating buying the thing, you might prefer getting the CC as it's way cheaper.
Quality wise it's better polished than my CC, the only quality issue, I found some residual SS shaving on one tooth which I removed with a small screw driver.
Have you tried your supply SE with a cut down DE blade......works very well indeed :)

I've used all three plates with it and all ok.
I've shaved with the middle and aggressive plates on a new Shick injector. The middle plate is for me the best compromise, even if the aggressive one has a better cutting feeling. It bit me, so I would assume a less rigid DR blade will rip me apart on middle and aggressive plates, but I'll try.
For today I have to give the Rockwell on plate 4 its maiden trip around my face.

I've shaved with the middle and aggressive plates on a new Shick injector. The middle plate is for me the best compromise, even if the aggressive one has a better cutting feeling. It bit me, so I would assume a less rigid DR blade will rip me apart on middle and aggressive plates, but I'll try.
For today I have to give the Rockwell on plate 4 its maiden trip around my face.
I hope it works well for you. :)

Well..Sure..But its a DE Blade Razor..I Could Tape Up One Side of A DE & Say the Same thing..:D:D

Billy
Using logic like that Billy I can see I'm flogging a dead horse :)

Here's a question for you......when I used a cut down Polsilver stainless blade in my Supply SE why do you think it gave me a better shave than I got with the more rigid chick blade, it supprised me to be honest. I can understand maybe getting a better shave from a cut down Feather pro but I can not understand why the cut down DE would be as good as it was....:)

Using logic like that Billy I can see I'm flogging a dead horse :)

Here's a question for you......when I used a cut down Polsilver stainless blade in my Supply SE why do you think it gave me a better shave than I got with the more rigid chick blade, it supprised me to be honest. I can understand maybe getting a better shave from a cut down Feather pro but I can not understand why the cut down DE would be as good as it was....:)
Dunno Buddy..I Have Never Used that Injector..Put a DE Blade in Most Injectors & the Dynamics would be Off by a Mile Due to Blade Thickness for One..:)

Billy

Back
Top Bottom