Time for a signature scent?

I think it's time for a signature scent! But I'm a little rubbish knowing to go for!

Do you have one? Or does your favour change as often as your mood?

Being in the middle of nowhere is their an online company where I can order samples?

I've always enjoyed orange scents, any recommendations for a strong smelling orange type one?

Thanks

Terre D'Hermes is the orangiest one which springs to mind. Not the cheapest by any stretch but there Fine do an aftershave splash which is apparently a bit of a dead-ringer for it, namely 'Fine L'orange Noir'.

I used to have Boss Energize but since my last bottle ran out I've not replenished stock. I enjoy the variety nowadays. I'd probably still go back to Boss at some point, but I'm not dying to get my next bottle. :)

There are places where you can order samples, the name escapes me, but I'm sure someone will chime in before long!

Alternatively, check out Mr_Perfume on eBay - they've got some alcohol-free perfume oils which are often based on designer fragrances. They're cheap and more than do the job, smelling far more premium than their price would have you assume.

Terre d'Hermès fan here too. I also use Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche which is a spring/summer variation (it's also suitable for autumn/winter) and has a much better longevity. Go to a department store like John Lewis or Debenhams to try/smell them.

Yardley citrus and wood is supposed to be very close to TdH. It's easily available on Ebay UK (allbeauty.com seller I think) for about £15.

Last edited:
I am Eau de Cologne fan, except 4711. Lorenzo Villoresi or Chanel for special occasions. My signature EDT is Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo, they do a hard to get shaving soap too.

i have a dozen or so scents and still haven't found one that i would wear exclusively. go on basenotes and fragrantica and read about the ones you do know about - there are suggestions and lots of reviews that will lead you onto new scents. the only way is to try a load and see which you respond to most. :)

You need to try as many as you can and see what compliments you get, every fragance projects differently on everyone. They react with your personal skin chemistry. What smells great in the bottle may not give the same off on your skin. I've just bought some Tom Ford samples from Scentsamples UK. A cheap way to try before you get the full bottle especially if it's over £100. Try a few and see how you go. The nearest to a signature I have is Floris Elite.

When I'm asked, I say GFT Eucris.

Generally, my preference is for Aromatic Fougeres or Chypres with an animalic presence. YSL Kouros, Ralph Lauren Polo, Sung Homme, Puig Quorum, Bogart Pour Homme, Givenchy Gentleman ... all worn regularly, which is why GFT Eucris stands out a bit as a real Woody Floral Musk, largely a feminine genre otherwise.

... it's different. Quite different from my regulars, too, and that's why I call it "mine".

Back to your scent - you like orange? Azzaro did a limited version of their regular Pour Homme in which orange was seriously boosted. Personally, I like blood orange which is often used to hyper-boost orange - I think Superdry do one that's a sort of Dark Orange, peppery and "minty" with some proper patchouli.

When I'm asked, I say GFT Eucris.

... it's different. Quite different from my regulars, too, and that's why I call it "mine".

Eucris is mine too. Great scent.

I've heard good things about Czech and Speake No 88 too. Apparently it's a dark rose scent but I've never tried it.

Back
Top Bottom