To Tell,.....or Keep Schtum?......

Before I discovered the hallowed halls of The Shaving Room, I used to buy my shaving requirements from a tobacconist/cigar gents gift shop in Birmingham.
I always coveted a Kent badger brush in a lovely red, faux-leather, tubular, clamshell case, priced at c.£90.
A few months ago I decided to pull the trigger and buy the object of my desire.
The salesman said it was the best you could get being,....ahem...pure badger.
Alarm bells rang and I declined.
It was a BK2,...retail £45!.......the large BK8 silvertip retails at 90.
Question,....should I point it out to them or say nowt?

Before I discovered the hallowed halls of The Shaving Room, I used to buy my shaving requirements from a tobacconist/cigar gents gift shop in Birmingham.
I always coveted a Kent badger brush in a lovely red, faux-leather, tubular, clamshell case, priced at c.£90.
A few months ago I decided to pull the trigger and buy the object of my desire.
The salesman said it was the best you could get being,....ahem...pure badger.
Alarm bells rang and I declined.
It was a BK2,...retail £45!.......the large BK8 silvertip retails at 90.
Question,....should I point it out to them or say nowt?
I'm sure he knows what he is selling and hoping some mug punter will come in and buy it.

I know the shop. To me its just the prices of a brick and mortor shop. It's the perks of being able to buy the product now, the same with a similar shop in Manchester.
You can get it far cheaper online but then they dont have the same overheads.
As for saying its the best that you can get, it may just be a sales assistant making you feel hood about choosing a product.

I know the shop. To me its just the prices of a brick and mortor shop. It's the perks of being able to buy the product now, the same with a similar shop in Manchester.
You can get it far cheaper online but then they dont have the same overheads.
As for saying its the best that you can get, it may just be a sales assistant making you feel hood about choosing a product.
I appreciate most of that but double Kent's rsp????.....I know the "r" stands for "recommended"...but someone's having a laugh.
I don't get it......I reckon someone's switched brushes and nobbled themselves a cheap silvertip,...hence my original dilemma,....point it out to the management, who may be unaware of the reason it's still on the shelf.

I appreciate most of that but double Kent's rsp????.....I know the "r" stands for "recommended"...but someone's having a laugh.
I don't get it......I reckon someone's switched brushes and nobbled themselves a cheap silvertip,...hence my original dilemma,....point it out to the management, who may be unaware of the reason it's still on the shelf.
You can let him know but I'm sure there is no mix up......@wazza is quite right though , the man needs to pay his rates ect but twice the RRP!

Should you tell them?

To my mind, it depends who you were talking to. Mistakes do happen, and this could be incorrectly priced by mistake, but the shop worker has no idea about the products so wouldn't know. It could also be that the person you spoke to bought the brush and knows exactly what it is.

Personally I'd go back and let them know what the RRP should be. If they react with embarrassment and apologise then probably it's a mistake and hey, shit happens. If they get arsey with you then you know not to go back again.

Back
Top Bottom