(Tom Ford) samples to try for my wedding

A very good afternoon,

Got a bit inspired by a similar topic here!

Got my wedding planned end of September and as I've started exploring the world of wet shaving with lots of soaps, brushes and after shave I thought why not try and find a special eau de toilette or eau de perfume for my special day.

Not sure what to get yet so I'd like to get some samples as not all brands have shops near where I live.

Been in a Tom Ford shop last week and liked the rive d'ambre, venetian bergamot and neroli portofino but wish my soon to be wife could test smell what I'm wearing as well.

Big question now, is there a good place to order samples of, for example, Tom Ford, Creed, other luxury brands? I'd say ebay is a good start but not sure if I'd be buying clones rather than the real stuff..

Any suggestions are, of course, welcome as well, ideally I'd like something that'll last the day. Something not too heavy, so far I have had or liked Jil Sander sun for men, D&G light blue for men, Dior Sauvage, Abercrombie and Fitch Proof (might only be due to good memories..).

Might add I wouldn't like to spend more than 180-200 pounds, I'd keep it for special occasions only after the wedding.

A very good afternoon,

Got a bit inspired by a similar topic here!

Got my wedding planned end of September and as I've started exploring the world of wet shaving with lots of soaps, brushes and after shave I thought why not try and find a special eau de toilette or eau de perfume for my special day.

Not sure what to get yet so I'd like to get some samples as not all brands have shops near where I live.

Been in a Tom Ford shop last week and liked the rive d'ambre, venetian bergamot and neroli portofino but wish my soon to be wife could test smell what I'm wearing as well.

Big question now, is there a good place to order samples of, for example, Tom Ford, Creed, other luxury brands? I'd say ebay is a good start but not sure if I'd be buying clones rather than the real stuff..

Any suggestions are, of course, welcome as well, ideally I'd like something that'll last the day. Something not too heavy, so far I have had or liked Jil Sander sun for men, D&G light blue for men, Dior Sauvage, Abercrombie and Fitch Proof (might only be due to good memories..).

Might add I wouldn't like to spend more than 180-200 pounds, I'd keep it for special occasions only after the wedding.
The Tom ford Neroli Portofino is an wonderful scent , perhaps when you pass the Tom Ford shop next you could ask to test it and then when you get home see what your future wife thinks about it.
Its inspired by the blue waters of the Italian Riviera , its really luxurious stuff and will cost you £155 for 50ml, Selfridges.com. :)

Here's a few links for online shops to buy samples from. I've order from them and recommend them highly.

https://www.fragrancesamplesuk.com/

https://www.scentsamples.uk.com/brands

I would recommend a sample of Tom Ford Noir de Noir for starters. It is a unisex fragrance and has the note of rose. Do let that put you off though. It's stunning and I'll be wearing it for my Sister's wedding in October.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Here's a few links for online shops to buy samples from. I've order from them and recommend them highly.

https://www.fragrancesamplesuk.com/

https://www.scentsamples.uk.com/brands

I would recommend a sample of Tom Ford Noir de Noir for starters. It is a unisex fragrance and has the note of rose. Do not put that off. It's stunning and I'll be wearing it for my Sister's wedding in October.

Good luck.
Awesome, thanks, definitely checking those links out tomorrow! Noir the Noir it is we're smelling then!
The Tom ford Neroli Portofino is an wonderful scent , perhaps when you pass the Tom Ford shop next you could ask to test it and then when you get home see what your future wife thinks about it.
Its inspired by the blue waters of the Italian Riviera , its really luxurious stuff and will cost you £155 for 50ml, Selfridges.com. :)

I personally love the neroli portofino, actually got a sample made of the acqua, eau de toilette version but think the 'original' is a bit more substantial, whole, if that makes sense?

Sadly the Tom Ford shop I visited was in Finland which is a bit too far to take my girlfriend.. I'd be better off buying a couple of 50 ml bottles for that money ;)

Awesome, thanks, definitely checking those links out tomorrow! Noir the Noir it is we're smelling then!

I personally love the neroli portofino, actually got a sample made of the acqua, eau de toilette version but think the 'original' is a bit more substantial, whole, if that makes sense?

Sadly the Tom Ford shop I visited was in Finland which is a bit too far to take my girlfriend.. I'd be better off buying a couple of 50 ml bottles for that money ;)

Best to try sample of Neroli Portofino as its notorious for its lack of longevity.

Ha, yes a little too far, if you love it maybe it's the one to go for, £155.00 is well within your budget and you will have a special scent for special occasions including your wedding...whatever you choose I'm sure will be perfect for the occasion. Congratulations :)

Best to try sample of Neroli Portofino as its notorious for its lack of longevity.

Ah that's good to know, definitely getting a sample of it then. Very dependent on body chemistry etc I suppose but not worth the money if it does not last the day!

Ha, yes a little too far, if you love it maybe it's the one to go for, £155.00 is well within your budget and you will have a special scent for special occasions including your wedding...whatever you choose I'm sure will be perfect for the occasion. Congratulations :)
Thank you☺️
Just seen that John Lewis do the rive d'ambre and venetian bergamot as well, might make a day out of it and visit a shop!

Last edited:
Ah that's good to know, definitely getting a sample of it then. Very dependent on body chemistry etc I suppose but not worth the money if it does not last the day!

Thank you☺️
Just seen that John Lewis do the rive d'ambre and venetian bergamot as well, might make a day out of it and visit a shop!
Why not ,enjoy! :)

Ahh and enjoying it I am, most definitely, this whole wet shaving thing has got me hooked. Four months in and got three razors, four brushes, 25 soaps/creams and now getting into expensive perfumes.. Apparently his is the famous rabbit hole I've been warned for..

Maybe silly question, but sample sizes, how much should I go for, I see 1, 2, 3, 5, 10 ml? How much is enough for let's say two or three 'applications'?

Last edited:
Ahh and enjoying it I am, most definitely, this whole wet shaving thing has got me hooked. Four months in and got three razors, four brushes, 25 soaps/creams and now getting into expensive perfumes.. Apparently his is the famous rabbit hole I've been earned for..

Maybe silly question, but sample sizes, how much should I go for, I see 1, 2, 3, 5, 10 ml? How much is enough for let's say two or three 'applications'?
3ml should be enough for 3 good applications :) mind you, I'm heavy handed! You're at the bottom of the rabbit hole looking up! :)

Hi @Blackmass, wedding was brilliant, what a week of chaos, first get everything ready then three days with closest friends and family. Loved every minute of it!

In the end I got samples of Tom Ford Rive d'ambre, Venetian Bergamot and Grey Vetiver, Creed Original Vetiver and Aventus, Acqua Di Parma Essenza, Ginepro di Sardegna and Colonia Club.

The Tom Ford and Acqua di Parma didn't last on my skin long enough for the whole day and I didn't like Aventus on me where Original Vetiver wasn't the right one for the wedding.

In the end I decided to wear my new favourite, Prada L'homme Intense which I kind of discovered by accident just before the wedding. It lasts about ten hours on me and I love the kind of deep sweetness that it develops into when I wear it. Great for the afternoon/evening!

Hi @Blackmass, wedding was brilliant, what a week of chaos, first get everything ready then three days with closest friends and family. Loved every minute of it!

In the end I got samples of Tom Ford Rive d'ambre, Venetian Bergamot and Grey Vetiver, Creed Original Vetiver and Aventus, Acqua Di Parma Essenza, Ginepro di Sardegna and Colonia Club.

The Tom Ford and Acqua di Parma didn't last on my skin long enough for the whole day and I didn't like Aventus on me where Original Vetiver wasn't the right one for the wedding.

In the end I decided to wear my new favourite, Prada L'homme Intense which I kind of discovered by accident just before the wedding. It lasts about ten hours on me and I love the kind of deep sweetness that it develops into when I wear it. Great for the afternoon/evening!

Thanks for getting back to me. Really pleased to hear your big day went well.

It's funny you went for Prada L'Homme Intense in the end. I tried a sample of the original Prada L'Homme a couple of weeks back and loved it. The scent was stunning and like yourself the longevity was superb. I've since discovered I love Iris note. Christian Dior's ‘Homme' is Iris based which has been a firm favourite of mine for years. I'll pick up a sample of the Intense.

Thanks again for getting back to me.
Cheers
Rob

No worries, I only just read your thread about trying to find something for a wedding as well, trying to read back into the forums I'm following after having been offline for a week and a half.. ;)

I thought the 'normal' prada l'homme was a lighter more daytime/summery version and the intense more for colder weather/evening time. Both very nice, if I can get a deal on the normal one I'd probably lick that one up as well!

Now you mention it, I do remember liking Dior Homme as well, maybe have a sniff when I'm in a shop again!

So many nice ones to try, good luck finding the right one for you!

Back
Top Bottom