Tree & Bic

Hi
I am after advice about using either Treet (blue blades) or Bic platinum (yellow pack) in a FaTip Grande.

Thanks
Some people love those blades and some not so much, so there is only one way to find out for yourself if they a work well for you and b work well in that razor and that is to try for yourself not only in the Fatip but also in another razor should you find the shave not so good in the Fatip. Some blades work better in a different razor so best not to write one off straight away. P.

Last edited:
I quite liked the treets in the FaTip, not enough to buy any more when I used up my sample packet though.

Plus:
Look great
Very smooth & forgiving.

Negatives:
Don't last long (typ. 3 shaves, I can get >6 with an Astra SP), must be dried after each use, left to dry in the razor they will rust.
Not the sharpest.

In summary; so-so,
look great against the polished chrome top-cap.

Some people love those blades and some not so much, so there is only one way to find out for yourself if they a work well for you and b work well in that razor and that is to try for yourself not only in the FatTip but also in another razor should you find the shave not so good in the FatTip. Some blades work better in a different razor so best not to write one off straight away. P.

True, I will try some new blades

I quite liked the treets in the FaTip, not enough to buy any more when I used up my sample packet though.

Plus:
Look great
Very smooth & forgiving.

Negatives:
Don't last long (typ. 3 shaves, I can get >6 with an Astra SP), must be dried after each use, left to dry in the razor they will rust.
Not the sharpest.

In summary; so-so,
look great against the polished chrome top-cap.

I think I need something a bit smoother, Nacet are OK in a Tech but in a FaTip they are a bit too much for me.

I'd be wary of using the Bic Chrome Platinum in a Fatip. I found it to be on the rough side of things, and very sharp - maybe about as sharp as Nacet but not pleasant on the face at all.

Treet's aren't the sharpest but are generally very smooth but don't have the longest lifespan but IMO it doesn't matter that much when they are so cheap.

I'd be wary of using the Bic Chrome Platinum in a Fatip. I found it to be on the rough side of things, and very sharp - maybe about as sharp as Nacet but not pleasant on the face at all.

Treet's aren't the sharpest but are generally very smooth but don't have the longest lifespan but IMO it doesn't matter that much when they are so cheap.
How smooth you find the BIC will vary with the user but they are very very sharp. I find them adequately smooth and my favorite overall blade.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

At the moment, the BIC is a favourite blade of mine in a Rockwell 6C, beautifully sharp, keenly priced on eBay and for me: smooth. They also last reasonably well.

I think Treet might do the job better than Bic but the sounds of it.... thanks for your help

I think Treet might do the job better than Bic but the sounds of it.... thanks for your help

How wrong can I be, used a Treet blue / black blade today and it wasn't a treat at all, a very rough shave, they are cheap for one reason, they are rubbish.
I don't dislike anybody enough to give them to, so in the bin they go.

Going to try Voskhod next, they can only be an improvement over the Notreet :D

How wrong can I be, used a Treet blue / black blade today and it wasn't a treat at all, a very rough shave, they are cheap for one reason, they are rubbish.
I don't dislike anybody enough to give them to, so in the bin they go.

Going to try Voskhod next, they can only be an improvement over the Notreet :D
Definitely a case of ymmv, I've tried two carbonTreets and like them both.

Back
Top Bottom