Vines bay rum

TeP

Mornin' guys.

Anybody give me an idea of what Vines Vintage American Bay Rum Hair Tonic is like. Never used it before and it has just come up on a search I was doing. Thanks for your help.

I have an old(er) bottle of Pashana American Bay Rum (curiously Made in England) which is in a VERY similar bottle. I'm going to suggest it's a brand thing and inside, they're the same ...

Assuming that, Pashana American Bay Rum Hair Tonic is lovely. Non-greasy, although does have just a little hold when generously applied. Scent is bay and clove. Spicy! Refreshing. Not slick and holds just enough, when dry. Alcoholic, so cleans out daily grease and grime and that dot of hair cream you might use.

If not ... it going to be damn similar.

Hi @TeP - How did you get on with the Vines? My Pashana American Bay Rum is about empty and I'm up for a fresh bottle of Bay Rum hair tonic. Since writing my reply above, I see Vines now has some scent notes in many descriptions ... "vanilla, sandalwood, horse chestnut & orange". Does that sound about right?

Reactions: TeP
Hi @TeP - How did you get on with the Vines? My Pashana American Bay Rum is about empty and I'm up for a fresh bottle of Bay Rum hair tonic. Since writing my reply above, I see Vines now has some scent notes in many descriptions ... "vanilla, sandalwood, horse chestnut & orange". Does that sound about right?

Mornin' Paul.

I like it, but not as good as Pashana IMO. There are a fewer differing notes, to be honest I'm not the best to ask about smellies. I bought a 2lt bottle of Vines, used it for a week then added a few drops of Bay oil. Am still playing with it as to adding the Bay oil while still using it each morning, and sometimes later. I have always added some hair oil to the Pashana and am doing the same with the Vines. I'm happy with it, but would rather have the Pashana. I am always searching for the 2lt bottles of Pashana but have only found them trade so far and haven't been able to purchase as yet. Hope this helps a little.

Gosh! That's ... erm ... quick a scent!

My Vines's arrived. It's very little to do with Bay Rum, more like those slightly effeminate spiced American soaps - vanilla and pepper and things. The horse chestnut certainly pulls a real woodiness into it and with that back to a good manly scent.

Interesting ...

I'll blaze through it, but will go back to a more regular Bay Rum thereafter.

Back
Top Bottom