Warning complete noob alert

Hi all

Just received my 1st shiny straight razor "Dovo straight razor in black Cellidor" from amazon and just finished my 1st shave where i was expecting to cut my face to shreds however the complete opposite has happened, I have had a 2nd,3rd and even 4th shave but had to stop because my face is brurning but my face doesn't look like i have had a shave at all. Before i blame the tool for the job is there anything obvious i am doing wrong ?

Hi all

Just received my 1st shiny straight razor "Dovo straight razor in black Cellidor" from amazon and just finished my 1st shave where i was expecting to cut my face to shreds however the complete opposite has happened, I have had a 2nd,3rd and even 4th shave but had to stop because my face is brurning but my face doesn't look like i have had a shave at all. Before i blame the tool for the job is there anything obvious i am doing wrong ?
It is quite rare to get a shave ready razor from razor emporiums never mind Amazon so at a guess I would say it needs honing. Have you stropped your blade? I'm guessing you don't know how to hone a razor, don't worry nor do I but I know a man who can!
We have a member here who if asked nicely may hone you razor for you at a reasonable cost. Drop @Fergiebilly a PM and see what he has to say. Paul. :) Welcome to TSR, good to have you with us :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom