Wedding day scent suggestions

Hi

Would like to pick the noses (sorta!) of the fragrance fans here.

I'm getting married this October and I'm looking for a "special" scent for the day and for future special occasions when I'd like the scent to bring up memories of the day (birthdays, anniversary etc). So not something I'll be wearing everyday. Been looking but so much choice! Nothing I've sampled as yet fits the bill.

As background, if there is a "me" scent it's patchouli. If I have a signature it would be Givenchy Gentleman. Also like Davidoff Zino, Rive Gauche and Monotheme Patchouli Leaves (I do like this, but it's kinda weak). These are all scents my fiancee really likes on me too. The wedding venue is an old converted coach house, kinda rural/rustic. Not a formal wedding at all.

Like I said, something special, long lasting but not too in your face, bit classy but not formal - maybe well-dressed patchouli head! Doesn't have to be patchouli based, I just know these scents suit me.

If any suggestions can be compared to any of those mentioned would be useful. Looking forward to TSR guided sample splurge!

Cheers in advance
Lee

Congratulations Lee, for what you've outlined I'd normally have thought of a good aquatic, however the patchouli stumps me on that. Isaiah's Heritage by Guerlain is classy enough for any occasion, not sure of how you'll find the longevity. But ideally the F/Maniac hits the spot. You hippy you !

JohnnyO. o/

Trumper's GFT would be a contender if it were my big day. I don't know where you would be able to test it other than at Trumper's shop in London.
I used Eau Sausage on my wedding day. To my nose it's scent is awesome, but it doesn't last as long as some others.

Balenciaga Portos.

It's what Aramis should smell like ... cat piss on a cowpat!

If she's still with you after that, you've landed a good 'un ... or a girl with no sense of smell :D

Seriously, though ... it's a day full of romance and flowers. You can err on the feminine side. Something with jasmine and rose in, musk, that sort of thing. Jamal Ayounak is one I like for this - weddings and so on. Cheap, too. I'd err on the Arabian side of perfumery.

I have heard that eau sauvage has been reformulated. I don't wear it myself but someone I know does and they said it's not like it used to be.

I've got two bottles of the old stuff , I keep It out of direct sunlight to try to preserve it. I don't know if It helps but I feel better for it

Back
Top Bottom