What gives a better post shave than Haslinger?

So I've been using my Haslinger for a while, and I think it's a fantastic soap.

I've used Proraso, and found it fine, nothing special. But did leave my skin feeling slightly uncomfortable. I've also used the Arko stick, which has a horrible after-shave feeling so I refuse to use it any more.

I'm looking a restocking, but my favourite supplier doesn't stock the Haslinger (which I tend to get through Amazon) and a change is always good, you either learn or gain a new favourite.

Is there anything out there with a nicer post-shave than the Haslinger? I'm not worried about scent, as it's not something that tends to last long after the shave. I'm not a great fan of the "cooling menthol" options (especially as I had to scrape the ice off my car this morning).

I'd recommend Vitos red. It was recently recommended to me, and I love it. It's cheap, smells like almonds/marzipan, great performance. It comes in kg blocks, but you can buy 100g pieces from gemstonetrading (there's a 10% off code on this forum)

My other two regular soaps are Tabac and Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary, but they are significantly more expensive than Vitos.

I tried Haslinger yesterday, and I have the worst razor burn I've ever had. Didn't have any razor burn at all with Vitos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vintage Old Spice soap, Fine American Blend, Vitos red and Vitos creams in big tubes, 3P and Valobra hard soap or stick. Among them Old Spice soap gives the best results but it is discontinued so you will have to keep your eyes open to get one.

@Puffafish if you really want a straight answer and you wanted something that is cheap to last you for at least 6 months of shaving is Mitchell's Wool Fat will give you a fantastic post shave feel all year around.

Or Lea Classic tallow soap is another great post shave feel with menthol is also cheap will last you at least 9 months of shaving for Spring and Summer season.

So I've been using my Haslinger for a while, and I think it's a fantastic soap.

I've used Proraso, and found it fine, nothing special. But did leave my skin feeling slightly uncomfortable. I've also used the Arko stick, which has a horrible after-shave feeling so I refuse to use it any more.

I'm looking a restocking, but my favourite supplier doesn't stock the Haslinger (which I tend to get through Amazon) and a change is always good, you either learn or gain a new favourite.

Is there anything out there with a nicer post-shave than the Haslinger? I'm not worried about scent, as it's not something that tends to last long after the shave. I'm not a great fan of the "cooling menthol" options (especially as I had to scrape the ice off my car this morning).
Scheermonnik from the Netherlands...just great!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI CRR-L09 met Tapatalk

If you are not that fussed about scent, you are obliged in all member states of the United Nations to at least give Palmolive Stick a try. If you shop around, you'll get it for 50p, but even at twice that price, what's the worst that could happen?

It's a very luscious, protective performer. Also, I have got great lathers using a blunt stick as a brush and a water so hard it had turned into a block of ice. So there you go.

Back
Top Bottom