What to use on two weeks of growth......

Hey guys

I have had impetigo on my face which thankfully has now cleared up but it has meant I have not shaved for two weeks. So can anyone recommend a good combo razor, blade and soap to get rid of my growth? I'm not Desperate Dan but I do have a heavier than average beard, I'd say probably much heavier!

Razor choice:-
Picollo
R41
EJ89
Fatboy
Futur
Timor
34C

Blades: Gillettes (all sorts), Feather, Voskhod, Treet, Lord Rapira Astra Personna etc.
Soaps: A shedful - got something by most of the big boys and best known artisans.

interested in all opinions!!

Hey guys

I have had impetigo on my face which thankfully has now cleared up but it has meant I have not shaved for two weeks. So can anyone recommend a good combo razor, blade and soap to get rid of my growth? I'm not Desperate Dan but I do have a heavier than average beard, I'd say probably much heavier!

Razor choice:-
Picollo
R41
EJ89
Fatboy
Futur
Timor
34C

Blades: Gillettes (all sorts), Feather, Voskhod, Treet, Lord Rapira Astra Personna etc.
Soaps: A shedful - got something by most of the big boys and best known artisans.

interested in all opinions!!
Out of the razors listed I only have the R41 and Fatboy so because of this I can only recommend the R41 with an Astra, MWF if you have any.
Good luck :)

I'd recommend the Fatip piccolo with a Gillette 7 o'clock yellow or Polsilver to start with. The Fatip has the right balance of efficiency/aggresion. The other razors you have listed are either too aggressive or too mild.

I've found the R41 way too aggressive and leaves my skin feeling raw. When using a mild razor I end up over shaving and left feeling tender too.

As for soap? Whichever gives you the most protection. For me, it's Saponificio Varesino, Eufros or Czech & Speake.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom