What's happened to Bezoar?

He got the boot from Shave Den. I know you have to be pretty bad to get banned from here (offensive posts are just deleted) so doubt that is the case. I miss MarkB the evil genius. Personally I like characters. Bezoar was ok and I got on with him. He is just the typical abrasive working class midwesterner but has given me quite a lot of good advice. As I say got quite fond of the guy but then it takes a lot to upset me. I was wondering what happened to hossyhossyguy too.

From the few responses in this, admittedly very new, thread it's clear some liked or benefitted from his contributions and there will likely be others feeling similarly too. But, as ever, I suspect a percentage viewed things differently. Twas ever thus.

From the little I know or saw I think it's the case that some of his content was promptly deleted by eagle eyed and dedicated mods shortly after it was posted therefore some of the less amicable or negative stuff (and it struck me there was a LOT of negative stuff) didn't last long and we didn't see it before it was taken down. Some snippets that I did happen to see before their removal weren't especially pleasant. And it doesn't take much to see that over at TSD, (where some of us here are still registered - even if not especially active) he didn't get off to a good start and just went downhill from there.

I know equally little about the hossy guy except he, too, was prone to the odd outburst of stuff that didn't fit in here too well and that you might not want your Mrs. to see posted in a forum you and I were part of, but he might still be eligible to post here for all I know. We don't see the "BANNED" advisory that you do in other places.

As was mentioned recently our mods keep a close eye on things - as was witnessed in last night's Steve Mcqueen episode when the whole thing was dealt with within half an hour or so. (I have to say that particular event was a first for me... never seen anything quite like that on any of the gentleman's shaving forums before).

Steve McQueen episode lol: someone boasting of driving through London at 120 in old Mustang?

The Shave Den mod/owner seems a bit brutal with regards to bans imho.

Last edited:
I've known a few fellows like bezoar over my time on the forums. Most don't intend to act in a troll-like manner. I suspect they are functional autistics or suffer from asberger sysndrome. (Edit: or they are teenagers).

In bezoar's case, his posts ranged from the absurd to the outlandish, and his "advice" often ran contrary to generally accepted wisdom. He was a disruptive presence, if quite entertaining at times. His thread title choices were often what I would call, "click-bait."

This is a good example of a thread that didn't need to be posted, if a little common sense was applied:
http://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/2-dozen-blade-rule.41787/

Steve McQueen episode lol: someone boasting of driving through London at 120 in old Mustang?

The Shave Den mod/owner seems a bit brutal with regards to bans imho.
In the almost ten years I've been a member on TSD, I've only known two or three people who got banned, and they were banned for repeatedly using abusive and threatening language towards other members. It's just about the only way to get banned from TSD.

Edit: His profile page is unavailable, which probably means he was banned from this site.

Well Bezoar's profile is still up here. I hope he hasn't been banned. I did pm me and he usually responds but this time he hasn't. Maybe some mod can clarify. The Private message facility is no longer there though and I messaged via an old post. I am not a big fan of bans unless people are really nasty and abusive and I never saw that from him. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

OK. So, I'm a newbie here. I started a post about a blade experiment and joined in a few discussions and straight away I could tell that the dude was a little bit, "prickly". Others, not so much. For me, I tired to look past his abrasive nature to see the sage advice he was trying to give. And he did advise me about Cella as a shave soap that was one I had in my collection (for some time) but had overlooked. Now, thanks to him I have a new found appreciation for it.

Adieu Bezoar and thanks for your contribution.

I hope that we never forget that we're all trying to learn here. Just one shave at a time :)

Back
Top Bottom