What's the correct order please - Balm or Aftershave......and other questions

Having been a DE shaver for a few months now, I'm starting to get the shaving right.

I have a Badger Brush and use Tabac Soap. After spending a while on YouTube watching men mixing soaps etc, all I've done is copy them and it seems to be going well !

So now, I'd like some advice on the post shave stuff....

Currently, I put on the balm first (Nivea but once finished will be Tabac), followed by the moisturiser (L'Oreal Mex Expert Hydra) and finally aftershave (Tabac).

I'm sure I'm doing it wrong but would gladly accept any advice / recommendations !!

Looking forward to hearing from you !

Having been a DE shaver for a few months now, I'm starting to get the shaving right.

I have a Badger Brush and use Tabac Soap. After spending a while on YouTube watching men mixing soaps etc, all I've done is copy them and it seems to be going well !

So now, I'd like some advice on the post shave stuff....

Currently, I put on the balm first (Nivea but once finished will be Tabac), followed by the moisturiser (L'Oreal Mex Expert Hydra) and finally aftershave (Tabac).

I'm sure I'm doing it wrong but would gladly accept any advice / recommendations !!

Looking forward to hearing from you !
I would personally use either the aftershave balm or the aftershave (Idk if the Tabac is an alcoholic after shave) and then the moisturiser. The after shave will refresh your skin and relax it after the stress you put on it with the shave. Then, the moisturising cream will nourish the skin and keep it elastic. Just to clarify (of course there are many methods, so wait for other members as well) I will put in order my routine:

1. wet face and apply pre shave cream
  2. soak brush (I have a synthetic so I don't need to pre soak it) and start taking the soap from the puck
  3. face lathering (or bowl lathering)
  4. shave (1, 2 or 3 passes up to you - of course re-lather for each pass)
  5. wash with cold water and pass the alum block
  6. re-wash face with cold water and apply aftershave balm
  7. apply moisturising cream

Hope it helps

Hello there!..first and formost, i'm not a expert by any means..my post shave is normally the following warm then a cold water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ then aftershave (Various) depending what i have at hand, finishing of with either a few dollops of Aloe vera gel, or a moisturiser or Nivea Men Balm..I highly recommend you try out some Aloe Vera Gel with your post shave, that's if you already haven't with your post shave...Wonderful stuff...If your method is working for you, then stick with it..hope this helps. Regards. B :)

Currently I do a warm rinse, then some witch hazel and a balm to finish. Then a spray of EDT. Once things start to warm up I may replace the balm with a nice menthol splash like Floid. Seems to work for me.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Hello there!..first and formost, i'm not a expert by any means..my post shave is normally the following warm then a cold water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ then aftershave (Various) depending what i have at hand, finishing of with either a few dollops of Aloe vera gel, or a moisturiser or Nivea Men Balm..I highly recommend you try out some Aloe Vera Gel with your post shave, that's if you already haven't with your post shave...Wonderful stuff...If your method is working for you, then stick with it..hope this helps. Regards. B :)
What Aloe Vera Gel do you use please ? or could I buy generic AV gel ?

Here's the one i'm using at the moment, but i've used others in the past that give the same results...https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beauty-Formulas-Organic-Aloe-Vera-Gel-100ml/252587279460?hash=item3acf600464:g:KU0AAOSwHYVaf4iI

If you have a bodycare in your area, the one in the above link is only £ 1.40p per tube..hopes this helps.
I've ordered one and it should arrive in the next day or two !

I use an aftershave splash, let that dry for a minute then use a balm, preferably with a fragrance that does not clash! Seems to work well for me. I think that is the point, there is not necessarily a right or wrong way. Whatever works for you.

Hi there!
I'm not an expert too! But, this is my sequence (head shaving): shaving, shower, balm (proraso or la toja) and then aftershave (fine, clubman pinnaud, epsylon, rasozero....)

Back
Top Bottom