Whats the word on Kapo classic

I ordered 4 tubes of the stuff on impulse.

I can hardly find any info on the stuff apart from a phew good reviews deep in the Internets, Has any tried it and how good is it?.

I've got a tube and will be ordering more. And not just because it's cheap I really like it. A little goes a long way it's easy to use it gives a thick rich lather with very good glide and cushion. I got one tube in a selection pack the other three being Arko Which I can't fault but the Kapo is in a different class.

Such varied opinions on this cream from other sources as well, this will be a interesting one to try it seems.

IMO, it's OK. Smells good, but the lather is not spectacular. I have a tube of regular and their sensitive. Here's a review:

https://shavesoaps.wordpress.com/2015/03/31/kapo-shaving-cream-classic/comment-page-1/

The picture shows very airy lather, normal this happens to me when I add to much water to soon in my experience but maybe its down to water quality, what was your water quality like at the time of review, soft or Hard?.

Or its a bit, MWF love or hate it type of thing.

Such varied opinions on this cream from other sources as well, this will be a interesting one to try it seems.

The picture shows very airy lather, normal this happens to me when I add to much water to soon in my experience but maybe its down to water quality, what was your water quality like at the time of review, soft or Hard?.

Or its a bit, MWF love or hate it type of thing.

It's not a bad cream, just not a great one. With all due respect, impulse buying anything is a gamble without some research. I encourage everyone to read as many opinions and reviews of something before buying large quantities if possible to prevent buyer's remorse. The time to ask questions is before the wedding and not in divorce court. ;)

P.S. It does smell great however.

It's not a bad cream, just not a great one. With all due respect, impulse buying anything is a gamble without some research. I encourage everyone to read as many opinions and reviews of something before buying large quantities if possible to prevent buyer's remorse. The time to ask questions is before the wedding and not in divorce court. ;)

P.S. It does smell great however.

Wise words.

Buyers remorse, nope. look forward to trying the cream, which will be in a long time, to many open tubes:eek:.

Gentlemen, may I take a minute to teach you a little something? This is a Bulgarian cream and although it seems to be spelled as KAPO, it's pronounced as KARO. The Bulgarian language, like Russian and Ukrainian, as well as Macedonian uses the Cyrillic alphabet. I speak, read, and write Russian like a native and I can read Bulgarian and understand it fairly well. :)

I have a tube of Kapo/Karo arriving soon, along with some Barbon cream from Hungary (I think?). The only other Bulgarian creams I've tried are the Rose of Bulgaria and Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender and both are superb.

I haven't tried this(Kapo/Karo) cream, Having said that I never experienced/heard lathering and lather quality problems with creams. I got some creams from other Eastern European countries like Hungary and Poland all good creams, same goes with Spanish and Portugal creams and Turkish creams, which are all decent and fairly inexpensive creams and can be purchased through the Internet.
The ones that are not that well known are some Israeli creams which are good, also while I was in Turkey I came across to a Gibbs shaving cream(my father used to use Lemon one) that I haven't opened yet, I know Gibbs is French but it has been produced in Turkey as well.

Well the Kapo/Karo arrived today and first impressions are good. The scent is light but pleasant (aniseed and oranges?) and I was able to whip up a good dense test lather on my palm. I'll shave with it tomorrow and see how I get on.

Ordered one tube of Karo Classic shaving cream from UK Ebay. Tube is made of plastic and the cream got no scent. Really, it smells complete neutral. Performance is o.k. I am still wondering because I read that some guys descripe the scent got a smell of lavender or (aniseed and oranges?)? Anyone else had the same experience like me?

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom