What's your best Daily driver/blade combo?

Hiya,

Right now there's three in the rotation, two favorite DEs plus an old 1941 F type injector, which even beats my wonderful adjustable.

Got a NOS 1981 Spoiler in the Executive and a Feather in that UFO/Stahly frankenrazor. The injector's loaded with a NOS Schick Plus Platinum blade from the early 90s.

Probably my top line up for covering any of the everyday shaving druthers,

Martin

Attachments

• IMAG0261.jpg
    IMAG0261.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 25
So far it's my feather AS D2 with Gillette silver blues...I can't say feather blades because I haven't tried them yet, I've been trying all different combos with this razor and saving the feathers till last.

At the moment for me the best blades are any of the Russian ones (Rapira, Voskhod & Polsilver) paired with either the Fatip Testina Gentile or Parker 65R. Those work together superbly and I can do daily ATG everywhere including my neck, which was often a huge no-no.

I was at my other place today and brought back a recently acquired but not yet used NDC Fat Handle Tech. I decided to try a Gillette Silver Blue with it and lathered up a sample of CF Lavender I received today using my Kent BK4 brush. Lovely combination and had an excellent shave. I think the old style Techs might be a bit more aggressive than the Ball End Techs and certainly more than the Feather AS-D2 that's become my current #1.

Back
Top Bottom