What's you're experience with Gillette Sputnik Teflon Coated blade

G'day TSR,

What's you're experience with Gillette Sputnik Teflon Coated blade made from Russia any good or bad, also are they're very similar too Voskhod blade.

gillette-sputnik.jpg

Cheers ;)

Last edited:
My personal experience of the Sputnik TC's are very good, they are very similar to the Voskhod blades, i personally only use any blade twice for a 3 pass + pick ups shaves, then it's binned, give them a try i find them slightly more aggressive than Voskhods.

My favourite russian made blade ranking.
Voskhod TC,Astra SP,PolSilver & Sputnik,Rapira Platinum Lux,Rapira Swedish Supersteel, Ladas S.S.
The Voskhod TC work superbly in my slant razors, the PolSilver/ Rapira Swedish Supersteel,i've had good results in all my razors, plus they are suited to my skin type. Regards.;)

Last edited:
I have only given them a go once so far, from what I recall I wasn't overly impressed, but it could have been for any number of reasons. I'm trying out Treet blades at present, but will give the Sputnik's another more in depth trial as I am certain they are better than my initial trial.

I think they're good, quite sharp.
To my face they feel like a slightly rougher 7o'clock yellow.

I personally would say nothing like a voskhod, I think voskhod are blunt & tuggy, good for 2 uses at best. Everyone is different, evidently.
Very similar to my experience. Very different to Voskshod. Sharper and smother, but YMMV as always. I like them in a DE89 or Gillette adjustables.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I've used about a tuck of Sputnik blades and the first one was a duff one (really rough and nasty) but the others I found to be more consistent.

I'd observe it to perform much like many of the other Gillette PPI blades but not the sharpest (70C Yellow being the sharpest) or the smoothest I have tried (Gillette Platinum Blue), but a decent all round performer with a good lifespan - so not a million miles from a Astra SP but as ever YMMV.

I've used about a tuck of Sputnik blades and the first one was a duff one (really rough and nasty) but the others I found to be more consistent.

I'd observe it to perform much like many of the other Gillette PPI blades but not the sharpest (70C Yellow being the sharpest) or the smoothest I have tried (Gillette Platinum Blue), but a decent all round performer with a good lifespan - so not a million miles from a Astra SP but as ever YMMV.
The 7 o'clock SharpEdge I forgot to mention are another great Russian made blade,one of my favourites, I agree the astra sp's is very near the sputnik, as is the gillette silver blue, which work exceptionally well in my gillette tech.

Last edited:
Who the most trusted supplier online to allow me to get 100 blades of Sputnik, only IF I like them because I've loaded my first Sputnik blade into my R41 ready for tomorrow shaving I've never tried these blades.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You bloody ripper Mr Fox if this seller is very trustworthy
The Swedish seller i can't vouch for, but the Russian seller was upfront with no skullduggery selling activities, if you click on the Seller information:
razorbladesclub (801 )you'll see there isn't any negative feedback, the choice is your's mate.
The only negative thing is the blades take a while to arrive on your doorstep, but it's worth the wait.:)

Last edited:
I tried a new Sputnik this morning with Haslinger Sandalwood soap in a Schick Krona and although a sharp blade, it just isn't as smooth as the top tier Gillette blades. I feel the same about the Astra SP in that it also is a good utilitarian blade, but not top "shelf" material. For less money the Lord Platinum is a better blade by a tad.

Back
Top Bottom