Where Are the Injector Shavers?

Have you all mothballed or sold your injectors for the new AC razor craze? o_O
I did have quite a few at one point and early this year I had a good clear out because there was only a couple of my old injectors that was getting used, my Schick E2 which I think was the best of my Schick injectors and I still have it and my Pal adjustable injector which is another I will never sell.
The clear out was nothing to do with any AC razor craze, I only have two, the brass and Stainless General's from Colonial Razors, my other injector's, the two Supply injector's may have had something to do with my clear out, my but I think I've kept the best of what I had. :) P

Last edited:
I don't use my injectors as much as my DE razors for sure, but when I am feeling particularly shaggy or just want a different & great shave I reach for an injector. I have a G 1, I 2, J & M models. I have to admit that the G 1 with a "Chick" blade just ticks all the boxes for me in a pinch. If Gillette made modern injector blades I'd probably throw my DE razors into a river. ;)

I don't use my injectors as much as my DE razors for sure, but when I am feeling particularly shaggy or just want a different & great shave I reach for an injector. I have a G 1, I 2, J & M models. I have to admit that the G 1 with a "Chick" blade just ticks all the boxes for me in a pinch. If Gillette made modern injector blades I'd probably throw my DE razors into a river. ;)
Have you tried the proline blades, just as sharp as the Chinese Schicks but a little smoother imo. P.

Last edited:
I have some of the New AC/SE Razors, but I still use Injectors and Vintage SE a lot. DEs are almost forgotten, I find that the other Types are much more forgiving and I get good shaves too.

However, I need to thin all types out, how have I managed to so many of each type is a mystery? Trying to get the Injecto-Matics with different colours on the shoulder is a bit sad, but they are a good Razor:)

Thinning? That's dreadful.
At the moment I have 107 razors, of which 65 are DEs, 38 are SEs of various sorts, and the rest are my straight razors.
I'd like to say that I manage to use each for about 3 days a year, but I'd be fibbing. I do have some favourites.
In exoneration, I should perhaps add that this is the accumulation of 50 years of shaving, minus a few I've lost (especially my Stickies), some which have rotted and fallen apart (old Merkurs) and one which I sold; my Star Favorite wedge 7-day set.
There's nothing sad about collecting the PAL colours. They're great razors, and one of the few I can think of that are nicely ornamental as well.

I've recently acquired a Pal Adjustable in reasonable condition but am yet to use it - aside from that my only injector foray has been with the V1.0 Supply SE, which is a great little razor!
I put a new Schick blade in my Supply this morning, and had a go. Very good razor, with that blade. Not wild about the Personnas by comparison, but that's another story.

I've recently acquired a Pal Adjustable in reasonable condition but am yet to use it - aside from that my only injector foray has been with the V1.0 Supply SE, which is a great little razor!
Kevin,
You have got to use it with a Schick Proline Type B, blows the Chick out of the water. I reckon you may well be surprised.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom