This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy GII type blades in High Street?

Discussion in 'Cartridge (System) & One-piece Disposable Razors' started by Cristobal, Tuesday March 20, 2018.

1. Cristobal

Cristobal

I bought a few years ago some GII type blades from Superdrug with their own label for cheap, which were made by Dorco I believe. Oddly enough, they seem to have disappeared from Superdrug's website. Is there any affordable alternative?

2. Paul

Paul

What you need to look for is DORCO Pace Comfort Thin II Cartridges. As these are the Atra type they made for Sainsbury's
    Also they make the PACE SHAVE's Twin Blade Pivoting Plus TGP100, also called Comfort Thin II.

These blades are also compatible:
    Gillette Atra, Contour/Contour Plus & Vector
    LORD Premium Plus
    Personna S2
    Wilkinson Sword II

3. Cristobal

Cristobal

Ha, OK, I'll look into it. Cheers!

4. donnie_arko

donnie_arko

They aren't on the website but they are still in some Superdrug shops. I saw some in my local one or the next town along in the last few weeks.

5. Cristobal

Cristobal

OK, good to know. Thanks!

6. Sabre

Sabre

Boots and Waitrose still sell the GII. eBay is great for NOS.

7. Cristobal

Cristobal

The more I think about it, the more I am going to end at Savers, buying the £1 Supermax multiblade razor...

8. Indeed I think Superdrug culled their own brand twin blade which works well for my Contour and the G2.

I visited a couple of branches this week and the multipack twins is missing in action.

I still have five carts but found that the Lidl twin carts system is actually better than the Dorcos, the gaps between the blades are far bigger making it easier to rinse. These Lidl carts works on the G2 as far as I can tell.

9. Cristobal

Cristobal

10. donnie_arko

donnie_arko

The Lidl ones are supposed to be pretty good, made by the maker who make the carts for Cornerstone & Harrys.

11. Geofnay

Geofnay

Mmm - I don't think the Atra, Contour or Vector are compatible with the (Gillette) GII. The latter is fixed head, all of the former are pivoting head. The Personna Pivot Plus is, on the other hand, compatible with both.

12. Sabre

Sabre

Cornerstone has switched to Edgewell products.

donnie_arko likes this.
  13. Sabre

Sabre

Schick and Personna both produced multi function carts in the past that allowed them to be used either on a GII or a Contour.

14. Some of the twin blade high street carts like Lidl are of dual usage with notches you can slide a G2 type head into.

Tesco does a 3 blade jobi that can be used as well on tilted and fixed heads.

15. Cristobal

Cristobal

The generic GII blades sold by Superdrug could be used with both cartridge system, GII and Atra.

16. Cristobal

Cristobal

OK, so this morning I was the nearest Lidl, the Cien cartridge system is sold with a proprietary handle (Atra type?) for £3.69 with 20 cartridges (they look like GII/Atra from the outside), which is not bad actually. However, I resisted the temptation to buy one since I've been at Savers the other day and went for the £0.99 Indian black Supermax disposable cartridge (10) razor* (which works pretty well for me; in fact, I could buy 4 or 5 of them and I would be set for a year).

*not sure of the syntax here, too many adjectives...

Shemen Zait likes this.
  17. The Supermax are a three blade cart, one blade too many for my face but for 99p razor and ten carts it's a good deal.

I believe Lidl is the last place on the British high street that still sell a twin blade 'system' (ie handle and blades) though the handle is just slightly better than a disposable.

These as I mentioned earlier are very good carts and I wish you were able to buy just the carts without the handle.

I'll add a few pics later.

18. Geofnay

Geofnay

Agreed, hence my reference to the Pivot Plus. However, you would have a job running a GII with a Contour, Atra or Vector cart, which is what the post I replied to suggested.

19. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Standing correct, the current twin carts from Lidl (Cien) do not have sliding bars at the back to fit the G2.

I have about 15 carts I got last winter from Lidl that do fit on a G2 so maybe they changed the product since.

Cristobal likes this.