Which new razor upto £20.

Hi,

Just looking for recommendations on new razors .I'm looking for quality that will last for years. I've seen a lot of good press on the Feather ASD2 and a whole list of AAT razors.

I have sensitive skin and don't really want a super aggressive razor but I do want a close daily shave.

All ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Just looking for recommendations on new razors .I'm looking for quality that will last for years. I've seen a lot of good press on the Feather ASD2 and a whole list of AAT razors.

I have sensitive skin and don't really want a super aggressive razor but I do want a close daily shave.

All ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance.
£20 or £200?

For looks: Feather AS-D2S (with the stand).
Also: Pils 101NE... mild and good looking...
Hone Type 15... mild and heavy.. and good looking...
Almost any razor you like the looks of really.. up to £200 is 95% of the market...

I sold my asd2 - the range of angles it works well at is too small. My Rockwell 6S is MUCH better, and cheaper.
That's a problem with your technique, not with the ASD2 :p
The AS-D2S is just much prettier than the Rockwell, but I do get your point. I had a Feather WS-D1S and sold it.. (it just wasn't pretty enough).

The Pils 101ne looks stunning is it as good as it looks?

The hone type 15 looks amazing in brass.

I guess the question is has any one got experience with these razors against the Feather AS D2? I understand that it will be down to personal preference but opinions are welcome.

I'd consider a Timeless, with the .68 gap, safety bar and scalloped top cap. Although we don't know the price yet (or do we?), it might be worth looking at the Hone 15T(itanium) when it comes available. That'll last for ever, and I can safely say that you won't have any trouble spending your budget.

That's a problem with your technique, not with the ASD2 :p
The AS-D2S is just much prettier than the Rockwell, but I do get your point. I had a Feather WS-D1S and sold it.. (it just wasn't pretty enough).
I agree to an extent about the technique - if i kept the asd2 at the perfect angle all the time then it worked great - but i don't have that issue with any other razor i own, and i do think it is a bigger problem on that razor than any other I've tried. The Rockwell works easily for me and the asd2 needed me to concentrate much more for the same result - not what i want.
Completely agree about the look - asd2 looks beautiful, 6S looks very functional.

The Pils 101ne looks stunning is it as good as it looks?

The hone type 15 looks amazing in brass.

I guess the question is has any one got experience with these razors against the Feather AS D2? I understand that it will be down to personal preference but opinions are welcome.
Here are my opinions on
↪Feather AS-D2
↪Hone Type 15
↪Pils 101NE
You might have to read a few posts before and after to get the full picture...

Back
Top Bottom