Wilkinson Sword blade ID

I'm struggling to ID some DE blades marked as US Wilkinson Sword. Perhaps I'm just being dim but all the web searching I've done hasn't come back with a match?

They are in tucks of 5 double wrapped blades.

IMG_1796.JPG IMG_1798.JPG IMG_1797.JPG

it looks a lot like the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Wilkinson-Sword-Gillette-1024x765.jpg

Thanks, I wondered if they were some sort of fakes but I've just shaved with one and it was excellent, on a par with the Gillette Rubie I used yesterday!!!!

I've been told they were made in 2002 but no more information?

The only writing on the packaging is in English.

Can you post a photo of the reverse box. For any Indian product you'll find a lot of writing on where it is manufactured month / year and MRP (maximum retail price it can be sold as)

These look like the Gillette Wilkinson blades made in Bhiwadi India earlier. Subsequently production moved to China and is imported to India.

The saloon box is still made in India.

The picture are modern day Gillette Wilkinson which are made in China and imported to India for retail.
78f8470d1ba39a1017bc915e4971ec30.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I think you've sussed it? It's a shame the photos have gone but the description sounds good?

I remember seeing the photos as there were double wrapped blades which is something in the description as well.

I'd be intrigued to find out how the blades you have compare to the current Indian GWS blades.

Just to muddy the waters even more, here's an odd duck sold in Australia and marked Made in India on the back:

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/...-double-edge-shaving-blades-stainless-classic
I can confidently say this is for export market only. For the first time I am seeing a factory address as mentioned in this pack. $14 for a pack of blades which we pay ₹14 in India. That's a bigger markup then the cartridge business !

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom