Wish I had never started

So I had a beard for about 5 or 6 years, and decided to shave it off.
So started the sliperey slope. Bought an EJ razor and 25 or so sample blades, to learn how to wet shave.
All going quite well, then a friend gave me a Gillette old. Added to this I bought a Gillette slim (one shave in, nice but need to sort angle).
Then I ordered some soap samples, yet to arrive. I ordered 7 to trial, before deciding which I would buy.
I am already thinking about buying my birth year razor, a 71 Gillette .

I need help, buying more and more, it is already becoming a bit obsesive. I know asking you lot to help curb my obsesive spending will fall on deaf ears, as all of my current spending habits have been your fault to begin with.
I think I have to stop reading posts on this bloody forum, they entice me to buy more and more.
So I am asking you to please refrain from posting about any products be it razors or soaps/ creams that you like or want or have tried. I can't afford to carry on. STOP NOW....

Ahhh! the ADs'. How do you deal with them? Well I took a sabbatical from any shaving purchases in 2013 and that seems to have cured my need for buying more. Of course consumables like creams and after shave items have to be replenished but happily the other items I have in abundance.

At the beginning it is perfectly normal to get carried away with purchases. Shaving gear is not like Golf,and clothing. You cannot try before you buy and and up buying blind. This is O.K when you re paying a tenner but when you are paying £200 for a stainless steel razor and you don't like it then it does become expensive. I don't buy razors new. There are loads on offer from the BST section and some good razors on pass around.
I suppose the answer is to enjoy what you have and just shave with it. I'm sure it is just as good as anything someone else has on their shelf.

You talk about a sabaticlaL, how much did you buy before this self administered cease.
I alreedy have 3 razors, and a need/ want for more... Help me....
Help me you say......we'll certainly my freind, I have stainless steel claymore SE razor for sale on BST at the moment you are more than welcome to buy, I will give you all the help you need.....:) that's what we are here for.

There's no harm spending a bit of hard-earned when its within your means, my friend! :) On a number of occasions I've asked myself 'is this worth the expenditure?' and have come to the conclusion that, ultimately, who cares?/it doesn't matter.£20 here or even £100 there isn't going to make a massive difference in the long run, as long as it is within your means as per my first sentence.

Life is short, treating one's self is often few and far between so why not just live the hedonistic lifestyle and have something to pass down to family when your one time is up? :)

P.s. sorry for that sounding so morbid but needs must! :D

Aww Finnster, it happens. Problem is that it can happen over a wider range of desireables than merely shaving items. In fact, over the years, TSR has been responsible for luring people into indulging in snuff, spinners, everyday carry items, collectible knives ... the list just goes on.

JohnnyO. o/

@finnegan ,I've come up with the answer you are looking for......if you was to purchase my Supply SE stainless steel razor as seen on BST you would never want or need to buy another razor again...yes it's that good!
Fully adjustable to suit your every need....and going cheap, I told you we would help you out and this is what you have been looking for.
Buy it and thank me later......:)

Back
Top Bottom