This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Witch hazel use

Discussion in 'General Shaving' started by Michael cushion, Wednesday May 16, 2018.

1. hi everyone,
    I remember a long time ago someone once mentioning the use of witch hazel in shaving but with everything else I had to learn I forgot about it.
    How is it used and why? What are the benefits of using it?
    Apologies if this has been posted before

2. Sabre

Sabre

It cleanses and conditions the skin, similar to astringents and toners. It has antioxidant properties, and the Boot's version more importantly smells like Frazzles :) ...

3. Paul L

Paul L

Really ? Bacon scented witch hazel ? !

Blademonkey likes this.
  4. Paul L

Paul L

Splash some on and let it dry before applying your aftershave lotion or balm.
    I mix my own. Witch Hazel from Home Bargains with essential oil. Lavender is nice this time of year.

5. Well guess I'll have to try it if it smells of bacon :D I'll have to try to get hold of some. Do you use it just where you shave or all over the face and neck if it tones the skin?

Is the boots version a liquid or is it a gel type I found when I searched Google earlier?

6. Sabre

Sabre

This is the one you want, I just apply it where I have shaved.

[​IMG]

seveneighth likes this.
  7. Thanks. I'll try and get to boots soon and give it a go