Yaqi shave brush

Are they all they promise to be?
I'm looking at synthetic or badger any recommendations on styles to have knots etc.
I'm relatively new and have only used a boar semogue (my current one) and a cheapish badger brush. And a AP Shave Co Tuxedo brush.
All opinions welcome good and bad
Should I get another AP Shave Co or go Yaqi, I would like a genuine Tuxedo knot

Thanks

Last edited:
If you already have a Tuxedo knot it may well be made by Yaqi, so you should already know what it's like. Personally I'd buy a Mew Brown knot or a Timber Wolf knot. Both slightly softer but still robust. Yaqi brushes are excellent - they make the knots for many other brands.

I have three YaqI brushes

24mm Tuxedo/ Marble Handle
Chianti 24mm Synthetic
24mm 2 Band Finest Badger/ Marble Handle

All three are very well made
I tend to use the synthetics more because of their soft feel
The 2 Band Finest is an awesome brush
it took very little breaking in, holds lather well and isn't too scrItchy.
For the price they are a bargain.

[QUOTE = "Drew71, post: 737758, miembro: 7410"] Compré un esmoquin Yaqi de 26 mm y no lo uso. Prefiero mi pincel Plisson. Es un gran pincel, pero solo prefiere el Plisson. [/ CITA]

Es un efecto placebo, porque el fabricante de Plisson ... es Yaqi (a pesar de la estrategia de confusión de la marca Plisson
, mucho tiempo para explicar ...)

Are they all they promise to be?...

Should I get another AP Shave Co or go Yaqi, I would like a genuine Tuxedo knot

Thanks

Yes, they are far more practical than hair brushes at least for me. No break in needed and they are dry within a day easily. As well no, I repeat no, hair brush can lather as quickly. For those that say they don't hold water or heat well there are simple solutions to what for many are really non-issues. I have both an AP Shave 24mm FlatTop & a YaQi 24mm Cashmere brushes. They are both perfect for face lathering. If there is a better synthetic then I have not read of it.

I bought a 26mm Yaqi Tuxedo synthetic, its superb its better than the two badger and one horse i owned before.
There is no hassle with hairs shedding, smell and maintenance.
I think it cost me £17

Ok, so I've got my Yaquis, and used them a few times now.
Whoever has been saying they are better than Muehle brushes needs to buy and actually use Muehle before repeating such statements in the future.
Yes, for the price they are excellent, and I will definitely use one as a travel brush. But they do not beat Muehle brushes by any stretch of imagination - in either performance or feel.

Ok, so I've got my Yaquis, and used them a few times now.
Whoever has been saying they are better than Muehle brushes needs to buy and actually use Muehle before repeating such statements in the future.
Yes, for the price they are excellent, and I will definitely use one as a travel brush. But they do not beat Muehle brushes by any stretch of imagination - in either performance or feel.

I have owned/used both the black fiber and the Silvertip MÜHLE synthetic brushes and can only reiterate that YaQi are light years ahead. Did you use water? ;)

Back
Top Bottom