YO HO NOOOOOOOO

Well I have just started my Christmas break (excuse the pun :() and I managed to fall Friday night when my foot hit a pot hole as I was walking.

I left it until Sunday to visit the hospital. Stupid of me I know.

Here is the result.
Ankle Fracture 2.jpg

I was at the hospital for 7 hours.
I am walking on crutches and a boot that I am sure belongs to Robocop. o_O

The pain is excruciating and I cannot drive but at least I wont run out shaving products anytime soon. :)

Stir crazy already? Goodness me. Keep telling yourself it's a well earned rest, read books, rent films, play (computer) games revel in it! My memory of busting my ankle whilst living alone in a flat is shuffling from the kitchen to the living room on my bum moving my mug o' tea/plate of food one foot at a time.

And I hope someone else knows how to cook!
I take note of your grand advice. :)

Well I have just started my Christmas break (excuse the pun :() and I managed to fall Friday night when my foot hit a pot hole as I was walking.

I left it until Sunday to visit the hospital. Stupid of me I know.

Here is the result.
View attachment 31840

I was at the hospital for 7 hours.
I am walking on crutches and a boot that I am sure belongs to Robocop. o_O

The pain is excruciating and I cannot drive but at least I wont run out shaving products anytime soon. :)
Sorry to hear about your misfortune mate, keep taking the pain killers and relax, give the boot back to Robocop when you've finnished with it! :) Paul

Last edited:
Tough break mate! (Pun most certainly intended). Hope that it doesn't take too long to sort itself out.

Maybe try and take up something like an instrument or drawing which may require a bit of practice? You can usually see yourself get better at it over the recovery period and it's quite good at whittling down the days. I used to do both after a rugby injury in uni which put me out for about 2 months of near-enough house arrest and 3 months ish of no uni thereafter (fractured eye socket, required laser surgery the following day for a torn retina and 2 operations within a fortnight of each other. Still have the titanium mesh plate in there)! Quite fun to see how both my guitar playing and doodling improved over that time (though doodling was difficult with double-vision)! :D

Tough break mate! (Pun most certainly intended). Hope that it doesn't take too long to sort itself out.

Maybe try and take up something like an instrument or drawing which may require a bit of practice? You can usually see yourself get better at it over the recovery period and it's quite good at whittling down the days. I used to do both after a rugby injury in uni which put me out for about 2 months of near-enough house arrest and 3 months ish of no uni thereafter (fractured eye socket, required laser surgery the following day for a torn retina and 2 operations within a fortnight of each other. Still have the titanium mesh plate in there)! Quite fun to see how both my guitar playing and doodling improved over that time (though doodling was difficult with double-vision)! :D
Yes thank you Ben for your advice.
There are a few things that I could occupy my time with and one of which is certainly keeping out of my wifes way. :D

Welcome to the club, Wayne.
My left arm/wrist has been in a cast for a week and a half now.
I tripped over something and briefly lost my balance in the hallway and tried to regain it by leaning on the wall. Which was the bathroom door. Which was not closed properly. SWMBO says it was hilarious. Like Del Boy trying to lean on the pub counter.
I went to A&E next morning at 7:30 - in and out with a temporary cast in 1 hour 15 minutes. And everyone was cheerful and friendly. SWMBO says I get preferential treatment because I'm not British. :rolleyes:
I got an appointment to get a proper cast yesterday (SUNDAY!) and now I'm pretty much pain free. I can still shave! Changing blades with a three piece DE (Tatara) will be awkward, but I'll cope. Skin stretching - I didn't realise how often I do it - is out of the question.
Anyway: All praise the NHS...
Get better soon.

Back
Top Bottom