You never forget your first time...

...or your first DE shave, especially when you make your neck look like a side of beef!

I'm now 15 shaves in and was recommended this site by a few friends, so here I am.

Right now I'm using a Merkur Progress and mixing up the blades. I got into this to save money buying cartridges, but have a feeling this could end up being just as pricey but a lot more pleasurable.

Cheers,

Matt

...or your first DE shave, especially when you make your neck look like a side of beef!

I'm now 15 shaves in and was recommended this site by a few friends, so here I am.

Right now I'm using a Merkur Progress and mixing up the blades. I got into this to save money buying cartridges, but have a feeling this could end up being just as pricey but a lot more pleasurable.

Cheers,

Matt
Hi Matt, welcome to TSR, great little razor you are using, relax and enjoy :)

Welcome to TSR.
The progress is a great shaver, top choice.

You mentioned trying different blades & that is a must. For the first month, try sticking to 1 brand of blade & soap, it will bring your technique on not having too many variables.

I've found everyone here super friendly & helpful, I'm sure you'll find the same.

Welcome to the forum.

Most people starting DE shaving go for the Merkur 34c or EJ89. The progress is a great razor and you will enjoy it.

The key for a good shave is "no pressure" and it does take a while to get used to shaving with no pressure..... you will see what I mean after a year, when you look back at your shaving technique. ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Most people starting DE shaving go for the Merkur 34c or EJ89. The progress is a great razor and you will enjoy it.

The key for a good shave is "no pressure" and it does take a while to get used to shaving with no pressure..... you will see what I mean after a year, when you look back at your shaving technique. ;)

I know exactly what you mean. My technique is improving with each shave and I already notice a difference. My first shave wasn't great and it look like I'd grated my face rather than shaved it!

Back
Top Bottom