Your best performing razor

I'll define "best" as a balance between efficiency and smoothness: Shake Sharp v1 (shimmed).
17152dd3fe8cea6e50c5ea8f9ffed732.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

In my current line up my best performing razor is a split between a Gillette Fat Boy and a Rockwell 6S.

If I had to pick a top three across all the razors I have used over the years I would choose these:

1. Gibbs No 17 adjustable razor (undeniable number one. Not even a close contest)
2. Gillette Super Adjustable
3. Gillette Fat Boy/Rockwell 6S

For efficiency I would say the Futur takes some beating, after you've learned how not to use it. (Think pale red water in the basin)

Merkur 37C & 39C (slant)
Hyped up reputation for being dangerous in the hands of inexperienced shavers.
They both perform very well. The 39C "barber pole" seems to shave a bit more aggressively due to its longer, heavier handle.

For smoothness & comfort the Rockwell 6C. I sometimes wonder if the 6S could give me better shaves, but I'm very happy with the 6C.

All round top performer Merkur 34C HD.
Nimble, smooth and efficient.
The most intuitive razor I've used to date.

All the above are modestly priced and good at their job.

A few years ago we'd all become ecstatic about the 'Weber' razor in all of its iterations. Never see anything about them now- but overall it's still my favourite. Never fails to perform perfectly. A close second has to be the Rockwell 6C with a 'Fatboy' close behind.

Back
Top Bottom