This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your daily driver

Discussion in 'DE Razors' started by Aaron1983, Thursday May 11, 2017.

1. Aaron1983

Aaron1983

What is your daily driver you reach for most mornings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiebelling likes this.
  2. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC

My daily driver is the Colonial Razors "The General" Aluminium Head SE with iKon Bulldog handle because I can't stop loving this razor so much.

3. invicta

invicta

It has been the Merkur 34C for few months but the last week I switched to the Progress. I have 6 razors but don't like a rotation. Only item that changes is the blade variety.

JayGee, patw and Aaron1983 like this.
  4. JayGee

JayGee

Gillette Fatboy Mon-Fri for me.

Use something different at the weekend.

patw and Aaron1983 like this.
  5. Since I started DE shaving it has been the Merkur 34c, however I am now using the Fatipe Grande and am really enjoying it.

Aaron1983, Blackmass and patw like this.
  6. Supermangs

Supermangs

It's the 37c. I reckon I have been through about 12-15 razors over the last 12mths, and I am at a point where I am finding my usage narrowing rather than expanding as it has been.

I get such a good shave from the 37c. Nothing has the same combination of closeness, smoothness and ease of use.

I am also narrowing the collection of soaps. I have basically ditched all my creams, and am finding my focus now on OSP (I would like to try more of these), P&B (I have Albion, and would like to try more), plus a handful of others including Tabac and, dare I say it, Palmolive Stick occasionally.

But yeah, the daily driver is firmly the 37c. I am starting to know what I like.

JayGee likes this.
  7. Velvet Old type head on a Braveheart handle, sweet!

JayGee likes this.
  8. Aaron1983

Aaron1983

Ive been narrowing down for ages now. Im down to one 1951 gillette super speed razor and 4 soaps. Sold off so much stuff Ive been on the search to find a one nice premium razor to be my daily. Currently looking to either get the ATT or blackland.

9. Supermangs

Supermangs

Having just said I am narrowing down, I read another post just now that makes me want to try a 1912 SE? Ah well, swings and roundabouts!

Aaron1983 likes this.
  10. Aaron1983

Aaron1983

Haha! Rabbit hole

11. riverrun

riverrun

Good choice.
    Until recently I would have said my British made Ever-Ready 1912 with a modern stainless steel handle is my daily driver.
    Now I have an Eversharp Fashion Razor (aka Schick H1) and can't stop using it...

dowsing and Aaron1983 like this.
  12. I rotate all my razors so i don't necessary have a "Daily Driver", due to my shaving pattern which is sat,sun,tues,thurs...At the moment however,i'm giving my parker DE collection lots of attention..

Aaron1983 likes this.
  13. Don't have one daily driver as I have a pretty big rotation of roughly 14 razors!! But as I am travelling for work ATM and on holiday next week I am using an ATT R1 with Atlas handle. Solid razor.

Jel999, Blademonkey and Aaron1983 like this.
  14. patw

patw

+1 on the ATT R1.

15. Krona Mon-Fri , Fatip v2 on a Sunday.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

16. Jel999

Jel999

+another 1 for the ATT R1

Aaron1983, Shaverrific666 and patw like this.
  17. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

18. I don't use the same razor every day, infact I use a different razor every day but if push came to shove I could use my 2013 R41 as a daily driver, a great close trouble free shave every time.

19. jmudrick

jmudrick

Same thinking, I'd use my Bakelite Shake Sharp but it's just more fun using different razors every day.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Blademonkey and Aaron1983 like this.
  20. David68

David68

Merkur Futur is my go-to. I use some of my others ever so often but if I am honest, I would not miss them if they were not there. Please do not tell SWMBO that!

JayGee, Blademonkey and Aaron1983 like this.