Your first De razor

My first razor was a Merkur 23c and whatever razor I seem to use after this just don't cut the mustard....admittedly I've only bought four since, I just keep going back to the awesome Merkur. Anyone else do this? Anyways what was your first De?
My first DE was a Muhle R89 shortly followed by the Mhule R41 both great razors in their own right. :)

My first razor was a Merkur 23c and whatever razor I seem to use after this just don't cut the mustard....admittedly I've only bought four since, I just keep going back to the awesome Merkur. Anyone else do this? Anyways what was your first De?
No I tell a lie, my first DE was some peice of rubbish I bought from woolworths back in 1980 when I joined the forces, it was a three peice open comb, lucky it didn't put me off DEs for life, it was terrible ! :)

I had a Parker TTO. For years I thought it was just fine, and the thought of buying another one never crossed my mind. Then I found a shaving forum and my life as I knew it came to an end. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
*pat pat" there there, its ok. IF you spend all your money on razors you cant spend all of your money on soaps and creams.

The EJ 89 was my first back in January. I just got my second last week the Muhle R41 with the rose gold handle. great shaver and pretty too. I forgot about the plastic Wilkinson I started off back in the late 80's. Better to forget that one.

mine was this 5 euro monstrosity off ebay (complete with 10 wilkinson blades). First "proper" DE to follow was the EJ89 LBL.
ddvtfewwabulvxd88.jpg

Muhle R89 for me too. Great starter razor, paired with Personna. Thought I had my technique nailed and moved up to the R41. With a Feather blade. Much blood loss later and sold the R41. Now use an Executive Shaving Braveheart and can't really see myself using anything else. I find it a bit odd on SOTD when guys use loads of different razors. Maybe I'll be tempted by an all stainless steel number in the future - an ATT, perhaps.

I still use the R89 as a travel razor. Gives a good shave with a Feather blade.

Back
Top Bottom