3 Soaps in one cream

I was sorta getting to the last bits of 3 soaps SWMBO said she would put them all in one pot for me off to her room she went (the kithern) well what she did was grated three remains of soaps into sauce pan added water and cooked it up kept going till most off water had gone and asked cream or hard soap. Cream my answer ok and she poored the soaps cream mix into pot. I couldn't wait till try out the MWF ,GOATS MILK AND COCONUT SOAP mix. This morning I tryed it sorta smelled ok but lather well blimy it was creamy and after the shave the mix of these 3 left me skin so soft. Has anyone else mixed a few soaps to get some thing better? or worse.

I often try to make "super lather" - mixing a soap with a cream (loading the brush on the puck and putting a small piece of cream an a scuttle and off I go). When a good combo it'd s bliss to use :D

I've done the superlather thing, loaded up on a hard soap and then added a touch of cream to set things off, it's really good but I'm not sure if it was any better as say, your best day's ever lathering with just a cream. I suppose it pretty much guarantees a solid lather.

What your Mrs did sounds nuts! I wonder how it would go with different variables?

I grated a palmolive stick with some dragons blood soap I got from a stall on a farmers market and melted it all together to make a different soap. It lathers well and smells of dragons blood which i love. the problem is it's lasting forever so it's been put away for a while while i use supermax cream or cella.

Canuck said:
I've done the superlather thing, loaded up on a hard soap and then added a touch of cream to set things off, it's really good but I'm not sure if it was any better as say, your best day's ever lathering with just a cream. I suppose it pretty much guarantees a solid lather.

What your Mrs did sounds nuts! I wonder how it would go with different variables?
Nuts proberly as many of her time she can also make soaps but she never got a shaving soap perfected. Maybe just goats milk and coconut next time MWF smell is a bit yuky

Tackleberry said:
I grated a palmolive stick with some dragons blood soap I got from a stall on a farmers market and melted it all together to make a different soap. It lathers well and smells of dragons blood which i love. the problem is it's lasting forever so it's been put away for a while while i use supermax cream or cella.
What does dragon blood smell like? Thats a new one to me

Old blade grinder said:
Canuck said:

Nuts proberly as many of her time she can also make soaps but she never got a shaving soap perfected. Maybe just goats milk and coconut next time MWF smell is a bit yuky

Tackleberry said:
What does dragon blood smell like? Thats a new one to me

mamabear sells some dragon blood soap

http://mamabearssoaps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_12&products_id=116

I'm intrigued as I've just bought some twist up shave stick containers and so far haven't had much success filling them. I've grated Palmolive and stuffed it in but melting it down sounds a better option if I could pour it into the container. Is it just a case of a little bit of water and heat it? I'm sure I read somewhere that soap that wasn't made from glycerine ie mama bears type, would lose it's scent if heated.

On cooling does the soap just go back to it's original form or does it change in any way?

simmo3801 said:
I'm intrigued as I've just bought some twist up shave stick containers and so far haven't had much success filling them. I've grated Palmolive and stuffed it in but melting it down sounds a better option if I could pour it into the container. Is it just a case of a little bit of water and heat it? I'm sure I read somewhere that soap that wasn't made from glycerine ie mama bears type, would lose it's scent if heated.

On cooling does the soap just go back to it's original form or does it change in any way?

using a microwave kills the scent. use a 'ban marie' - a pan of water on a gentle boil then put the soap in another bowl and place the bowl ontop of the pan. no water should touch the bowl just allow the steam to melt it. fyi its not a quick process

simmo3801 said:
Thanks for that, I have a steamer that I can use for that. Do you add water to the grated soap at all? And will it just pour then harden like it was before?
SWMBO said add water warm it up till it dissolves stir don't let it get to hot it burns stir untill like well mashed potato and shove in mould etc let cool down this can take days (shes the soap maker not me lol) Shes just pointed out google soap milling as it tell you how to mill reform soap rember its witch craft black arts soap making

Back
Top Bottom