A couple of general EdT questions

As you might have seen in the acquisitions thread and in my review, today saw the arrival of the first EdT I've ever purchased (I did get a free sample of Three Crowns Rose in a package from Connaught recently), and I have a question that shows my complete lack of experience in this area. I bought a 100 ml spray bottle of Floris Eau de Santal (lovely stuff) from the sale on their website, and used it for the first time after completing my shave this afternoon. I've been reading reviews of it, and general information on EdTs, and realised that I don't know how many applications the average user could reasonably expect to get from that volume of a good-quality EdT.

As a secondary question, which areas do members recommend applying the EdT to, in order that the aroma should be noticeable but subtle and not "in your face" as so many men seem to favour? With the sample of the Three Crowns (which was in a small glass bottle without an atomiser, I was going for sides of neck, chest and wrists, but my family felt that this was slightly OTT with the Santal.

The frequency of use is on par with how our skin interacts differently in regards to how the scent will perform.

!00ml of Dior Homme lasted me nearly twice as long as 100ml Guerlain Habit Rouge in equal use.

RB73 said:
The frequency of use is on par with how our skin interacts differently in regards to how the scent will perform.

!00ml of Dior Homme lasted me nearly twice as long as 100ml Guerlain Habit Rouge in equal use.

Cheers - I should have explained that I'll probably only use it fairly infrequently. What I was thinking along the lines of what sort of volume constituted the average application so I could divide the total volume by that figure to get a rough idea of how many uses I can expect. It sounds as though the amount used per application is yet another YMMV and therefore renders such attempts pointless.:blush:

Apparently hair absorbs scent really well, so you could put some on your head!

I put a few squirts on my chest (which is pretty hairy, much to my wife's disgust) and get pleasing whiffs of scent throughout the day when air puffs through my shirt.

As a general rule apply to pulse points where blood vessels are closest to the skin, there seems to be an unwritten gender rule about where to apply perhaps because some womens edt is much more concentrated and doesn't come in aerosol form but you could also apply to the wrist, behind the ear, crook of the arm if no one is looking.

Tall_Paul said:
Apparently hair absorbs scent really well, so you could put some on your head!

I put a few squirts on my chest (which is pretty hairy, much to my wife's disgust) and get pleasing whiffs of scent throughout the day when air puffs through my shirt.

+1

A few squirts on the chest, lasts along time and the scent stays close to my body. If you under use these products you upset no one, over use you upset everyone, best to favour caution. If it's weak scent one squirt on the neck.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom