Adam's Apple

Tom

What technique does everyone use when shaving over their Adam's apple?

I have quite a pronounced one, and have grazed it twice lately!

I pull the skin to one side and shave it when it's flat. Do this both ways and you should catch all the hair in your adam's apple area.

If I am using a mild razor I can usually get away with going over it very carefully. With an agressive razor with this technique I take a nice big nic out of it, just like I did this morning. To be safe I reccomend pulling the skin to one side and then shaving it, repeat the other side if needed.

Good luck!

I normally pull down the skin, that way works well. I guess t depends on how big your apple is.

PC's method sounds ideal.

Hm! That might work for the areas each side of my Adam's Apple - the two patches that consistently down-rate an otherwise BBS. I'll try with one of the blades fatboyslimfast kindly sent me to try.

PC has beaten me to it, I rub a bit of alum on the fingers for grip, pull the skin left, shave, pull the skin right, shave, and it's all done with no need to put a blade anywhere near the protrusion. The skin is pretty loose / mobile in that area.

Geofatboy on Youtube has a good clip on it where he demonstrates, and he also has another quite cool idea where he suggests swallowing and then kind of holding the swallow... that flattens the area quite effectively. Either way works.

I swallow - just long enough to shave the area. If I were less lazy and I paid closeer attention to technique I'd pull the skin (although mine's not particularly elastic) across to either side.

Back
Top Bottom